Question for Ozjohnno / Aussie Tauck customers

helenandfrank

Ozjohnno / fellow Aussie CC'ers. What process do you use to book directly with Tauck in the US ? (ie, to avoid the not-recommended Australian booking agent). What method do you use for payment to US ? Or ... if things have changed / if service has improved, do you now recommend using the Australian agent ?? Advice appreciated as always. :)

Ozjohnno / fellow Aussie CC'ers. What process do you use to book directly with Tauck in the US ? (ie, to avoid the not-recommended Australian booking agent). What method do you use for payment to US ? Or ... if things have changed / if service has improved, do you now recommend using the Australian agent ?? Advice appreciated as always. :)

To be honest I don't know if Tauck's Australian Agent has changed their ways since we booked our first Tauck holiday through them in 2011 but after that experience we decided not to use their services ever again. Our TA had nothing but obstacles put in her way from day 1. For our Tauck holiday starting in early August we did all the bookings and payments direct with Tauck. We used their email service for conversations and paid for our holiday with a CC. We didn't have any problems and they looked after us very professionally. We received our travel documents 90 days prior to our departure.

I chat with a small number of Australians on the Tauck board and all of them tried the Australian Agent once and now book their future Tauck holidays direct with head office. If you would prefer to have a further discussion on this please feel free to email me at rodmky@optusnet.com.au

Rod

Ozjohnno, thanks for that information. I will chat to our TA today about this as we are going to book a land tour of Turkey for May next year. I did speak to the Australian agents when I requested a brochure. They emailed it to me and have been emailing me ever since.

Ozjohnno, thanks for that information. I will chat to our TA today about this as we are going to book a land tour of Turkey for May next year. I did speak to the Australian agents when I requested a brochure. They emailed it to me and have been emailing me ever since.

If you want to drop me an email - address above - I can give you more specific details on the way they operate.

We saw our travel agent today and she is taking care of booking Tauck for us. It has to fit in with an ocean cruise, an apartment stay, and another land tour. She said that she understood what you meant Ozjohnno but that she would sort it for us. Thanks for your help.

I will be interested to compare our tours. We are touring Italy with Scenic and Turkey with Tauck.

We saw our travel agent today and she is taking care of booking Tauck for us. It has to fit in with an ocean cruise, an apartment stay, and another land tour. She said that she understood what you meant Ozjohnno but that she would sort it for us. Thanks for your help.

I will be interested to compare our tours. We are touring Italy with Scenic and Turkey with Tauck.

I'm sure you'll have a great time both Scenic and Tauck have a reputation for excellence when it comes to land tours. Our England, Scotland and Wales tour with Tauck will be our first land tour with them. Your itinerary looks very good and you look like you have a good TA. I hope your TA can convince Taucks Australian agent to charge you the same price for your tour that you would have got from Tauck direct but I suspect it'll be quite a bit dearer.