Traffic getting to port day of NYC marathon

Neene0311

It wasn't a problem last year when we drove in from New Jersey. Be prepared for over 1000 children on board due to the NJ Teacher's Convention. This was our second time sailing this particular week (because we have kids).

Coming from NJ you should be fine, though I'd probably take the Holland or the Lincoln over the GWB. Above 59th St where the route enters Manhattan, drivers may be choosing the West Side Highway over East Side options.

It wasn't a problem last year when we drove in from New Jersey. Be prepared for over 1000 children on board due to the NJ Teacher's Convention. This was our second time sailing this particular week (because we have kids).

Yes that is why they call it " jersey Week"

Disneyworld has such great deals that week too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.....is stay in the city the night before.

wasiii

The rooms will all be booked by the runners so will rooms in jersey

Anything available will be garbage or very very expensive

Anyone considering a room the night before the marathon better book and pay for it now if they can find and afford one

The rooms will all be booked by the runners so will rooms in jersey

Anything available will be garbage or very very expensive

Anyone considering a room the night before the marathon better book and pay for it now if they can find and afford one

I wouldn't worry to much if you choose to stay in the New Jersey hotels by the airport. I was on a cruise out of Cape Liberty the day of the marathon last year and I didn't have any problem getting a hotel room the month before for an affordable price. If you stay in Manhattan I would try to stay on the West Side.

I wouldn't worry to much if you choose to stay in the New Jersey hotels by the airport. I was on a cruise out of Cape Liberty the day of the marathon last year and I didn't have any problem getting a hotel room the month before for an affordable price. If you stay in Manhattan I would try to stay on the West Side.

The day of the marathon might not be an issue at all but I would think the night before the marathon could be an issue

As most runners are done before 2 pm they could have checked out and be on their way home the day if the marathon but they need to check on the day before the marathon and if that is the day the op is looking for a room I am suggesting that there might be an issue

But whatever it is IMHO. Ymmv.

Edited by luvtheships

It wasn't an issue at all for this past year. We stayed in a hotel in Elizabeth on the Saturday before the marathon because it would have been an issue for us getting from Queens to Cape Liberty on the Sunday of the marathon. No problems at all getting a hotel. There are a ton if them. I paid $75 at the Extended Stay America. I made the reservation 3 weeks before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by faeriedust101
edit