? about members share thread

alwalaska

Kalikak posted:

Some of the Princess port guides (but not all) are available online (in PDF format). To find them, go to the Princess website (www.princess.com), click on Shore Excursions, and find the port you're visiting. If there is a port guide available for that port, there will be a link in the very small-font text on the right hand side next to the pull-down menus listing the ports.

Could you please post a port where the port guide exists. This sounds really interesting. I looked at a lot of different ports and never saw the link, so I am wondering if I am looking in the wrong place. If there is a port where I know it will be there - I can keep looking on the page until I actually see it. :p

Thanks.

alwalaska - I see why it is confusing. I tried to follow the suggestion on how to find the link....and it was very frustrating.

There is NO Cozumel under Mexico. I kept flipping back and forth, and could not even find the city.

Then, it dawned on me......maybe Cozumel is not listed under Mexico, because it might not be included on a Mexican cruise. When I highlighted "Panama Canal" as my destination, Cozumel was a port listed. There, directly to the right of "Port of Call" is the link to which cherryland referenced.

I never knew these existed!

cheers

Sorry, I guess I didn't describe it very well...but it's sort of confusing, so I'm not sure how to describe it better. How about this: start at the generic Shore Excursion page and select Hawaii/Tahiti as your destination, then select Honolulu as your port of call. On the right it says "You've searched for Hawaii/Tahiti: Honolulu" in orange writing with a paragraph in black tiny font below that, to the right of where the pull-down menus were that you just used to pick your port of call. Below that paragraph, you'll see that it says "Click here to view a more detailed guide of your selected port." If you pick a port with no port-of-call info sheet available online (i.e., Bora Bora), the sentence "Click here to view a more detailed guide of your selected port" will be missing.

I find that Princess does a strange job of categorizing ports of call in the Shore Excursion section of the website. I find it helps if you think, "Now, which of the Princess brochures would my cruise be in?" That's the section that your port will probably be in. So, because Cozumel is a port visited on Caribbean cruises, it's in the Caribbean section, even though it's actually in Mexico. Another weird thing is that the "Polynesia" section includes Australia and New Zealand, even though there's a separate "Australia/New Zealand" section.

Sorry, I guess I didn't describe it very well...but it's sort of confusing, so I'm not sure how to describe it better. How about this: start at the generic Shore Excursion page and select Hawaii/Tahiti as your destination, then select Honolulu as your port of call. On the right it says "You've searched for Hawaii/Tahiti: Honolulu" in orange writing with a paragraph in black tiny font below that, to the right of where the pull-down menus were that you just used to pick your port of call. Below that paragraph, you'll see that it says "Click here to view a more detailed guide of your selected port." If you pick a port with no port-of-call info sheet available online (i.e., Bora Bora), the sentence "Click here to view a more detailed guide of your selected port" will be missing.

I find that Princess does a strange job of categorizing ports of call in the Shore Excursion section of the website. I find it helps if you think, "Now, which of the Princess brochures would my cruise be in?" That's the section that your port will probably be in. So, because Cozumel is a port visited on Caribbean cruises, it's in the Caribbean section, even though it's actually in Mexico. Another weird thing is that the "Polynesia" section includes Australia and New Zealand, even though there's a separate "Australia/New Zealand" section.

It's not your fault, it was actually where I thought it should be from your first post, but unfortunately, I picked locations without a guide each time. Must be beginners luck. There aren't any guides for Alaska.

I too looked for Cozumel first but then remembered my friends went there on a Carribean cruise.

Again, thank you for taking the time to help us.

Archived