Solo in a Studio; Epic Western Med 7/6-7/13

Thanks for sharing., The beach in Palma, what direction did you walk from where the shuttle dropped you off, looking towards the ship/port or with the ship behind you? How long was the walk?

There's only way to the beach, it's to the right if you are looking towards the city and to the left if you are looking towards the sea. I hope the Google Map link works below.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Anima+Beach+Palma,+Autovia+del+Levante.+s%2Fn,+Playa+Can+Pere+Antoni.+Zona+Autoridad+Portuaria.,+07006+Palma+de+Mallorca,+Spain/Camino+de+la+Escollera,+Palma,+Illes+Balears,+Spain/@39.5648159,2.6425402,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x1297924b494d197f:0x721af2e559f771ef!2m2!1d2.658283!2d39.56375!1m5!1m1!1s0x12979244381e324b:0x6099832600d8a897!2m2!1d2.6437644!2d39.5651216!3e2

The start (red flag) is where the drop off point is and then to Anima beach which basically starts the beach portion. It's showing 18 minutes to walk but I don't believe it took me that long even with my foot aching, probably more like 10.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

• 1 year later...

Firstly, I am so grateful for all of this. You said I should look you up as I am doing the Solo on Epic in August. This was so so helpful!

Is it hard to do Rome on your own? I wanted to see the Vatican too, almost thinking of buying the NCL tour but boy are they expensive and I already did an expensive one to go to Positino from Naples etc.

Also, how much is laundry?

Did you ever see anyone else in that lounge designated to the solo cabins?

Was there any place that you thought was a little bit more unsafe then others as a single woman?

THANK YOU!

Wendy

Great review, very helpful ! And all those drool inducing photos of everything under the sun !

I have never seen photos of the Studio lounge before, it is so very different from what I imagined. And I am so happy you approve of the coffee machine. Coffee is the first thing on my list when I'm going somewhere.

Did you ever try the showers in the Thermal Suites ? If you have, I would like to know how you found them compared to the studio shower.

Thank you,

Kristine

Firstly, I am so grateful for all of this. You said I should look you up as I am doing the Solo on Epic in August. This was so so helpful!

Is it hard to do Rome on your own? I wanted to see the Vatican too, almost thinking of buying the NCL tour but boy are they expensive and I already did an expensive one to go to Positino from Naples etc.

Also, how much is laundry?

Did you ever see anyone else in that lounge designated to the solo cabins?

Was there any place that you thought was a little bit more unsafe then others as a single woman?

THANK YOU!

Wendy

It is not difficult at all to do Rome on your own. Check out both the Port of Call forums here and also Rick Steve's books and site for a whole lot of tips on getting into the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel the easiest way. I also used Google maps to layout my route and pick which train station I wanted to stop at to make my route from the station to what I wanted to see.

I do believe the laundry special was $24 but it may have changed in the last couple of years.

There were other studio people in and out of the lounge all the time. The first night they had the solo gathering and there were always people signing up on the white board for dinner times.

I can't really say that I felt unsafe. It really is like any big city in America; just make sure you know where you want to go and keep your wits about you.

Great review, very helpful ! And all those drool inducing photos of everything under the sun !

I have never seen photos of the Studio lounge before, it is so very different from what I imagined. And I am so happy you approve of the coffee machine. Coffee is the first thing on my list when I'm going somewhere.

Did you ever try the showers in the Thermal Suites ? If you have, I would like to know how you found them compared to the studio shower.

Thank you,

Kristine

Glad you enjoyed the review! I have found the coffee in the studio lounge to be consistently good and they usually have to-go cups with lids at the machine as well if you want to take one for the road.

I did use the shower a couple of times after getting out and they are bigger than the studio shower. However, I wouldn't go up to the spa just to shower, the one in the cabin was perfectly adequate.