Price drop of $2,100!! Thanks Celebrity

JohnGaltny

How's that for a National Enquirer headline??

I fully realize this is the RCI board but this is where I hang out sooooooo

Wife and I had booked our first Celebrity cruise for Jan 3 on Celebrity. We recently were notified that said cruise had been cancelled. Oh Well. Can't reschedule conveniently so we will have to wait for another time and place to Celebrate. LOL Result, savings of $2,100 plus at least half again in bar bills.:D

NOOO this isn't a rant. I'm not sure what happened but these things do happen and I'm not at all upset. We'll catch them some other time.

My first thought was "maybe they read my other reviews and cancelled to avoid one". HMMMMM Conspiracy theories anyone?

I AM curious whether anyone does know the reason though??

The cruise we booked for next winter is going for twice what we're paying. Woohoo....... happens all the time:rolleyes: Book at the right time and the price is great, at the wrong time it sucks. Has nothing to do with bizarro plans or anything else, it's kind of like airline ticket prices.......

Edited by bouhunter

The Silhouette is going in for an unscheduled dry dock on 1/04 due to propulsion issues. This was not a charter.

That explains it. It also makes me MORE grateful to Celebrity that they didn't stick us on a Carnival like cruise that ended up nowhere. Thanks.