What do we do with the luggage??

Anguillafan

I'm getting set for our Alaskan vacation, and I realized I have one issue I'm really not clear on. We arrive in Seward (at 5 am), have a Kenai Fjords cruise with Major Marine Tours which we have to check in at 10:30 for an 11:30 departure and goes until 5:30. We're on a 6pm train to Anchorage (I'm sure with many other people).

What do we do with our luggage?

How do we get from the cruise dock to the Major Marine tour boat?

How do we get to the train from the Kenai Fjords cruise?

How will we get on the train with our luggage on time?

Assuming we have to disembark the cruise well before 10:30 am check in with the tour, what do we do in the meantime? This may be a silly question. We still have to claim our luggage in Seward, and then do something with it. I imagine there won't be much extra time, as I'm pretty sure they're not kicking us off the cruise at 6 am.

Any and all help on the rest of my questions, however, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You can leave your luggage in the Major Marine office. There is a (town) shuttle from the cruise ship dock to near Major Marine, but we just walked. It's not far, if you don't have much luggage. Major Marine has a shuttle at around 5:30 that goes to the train depot.

The Seward train depot takes early check in of luggage for ticketed passengers.

It's noted on the Alaska Railroad web site under FAQ's :

http://www.alaskarailroad.com/travel/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/tabid/298/Default.aspx

Have a leisurely b'fast then walk over to the train station.

The harbor area is very small .... the pier, train depot and Kenai cruise dock are all within a 10 minute walk.

Or use the town's free shuttle bus: http://www.seward.com/visit-seward/

Edited by mapleleaves

I'm getting set for our Alaskan vacation, and I realized I have one issue I'm really not clear on. We arrive in Seward (at 5 am), have a Kenai Fjords cruise with Major Marine Tours which we have to check in at 10:30 for an 11:30 departure and goes until 5:30. We're on a 6pm train to Anchorage (I'm sure with many other people).

What do we do with our luggage?

How do we get from the cruise dock to the Major Marine tour boat?

How do we get to the train from the Kenai Fjords cruise?

How will we get on the train with our luggage on time?

Assuming we have to disembark the cruise well before 10:30 am check in with the tour, what do we do in the meantime? This may be a silly question. We still have to claim our luggage in Seward, and then do something with it. I imagine there won't be much extra time, as I'm pretty sure they're not kicking us off the cruise at 6 am.

Any and all help on the rest of my questions, however, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Checking in for the train is just like checking in for a flight. According to the Alaska RR site you must check in an hour before departure.

There is a loop Seward bus, but, walking to the rail depot is also an option. I recommend you NOT store your bags at the boat vendor, since you are leaving the same day. The Seward depot is usually open around 9am for bag check. You will NOT have access to any checked bags until you are in Anchorage.