Pros and Cons RE: Sailing on the Allure

Lots of pros, great class, most already mentioned. Some oddball 'cons' that aren't really cons to everyone:

If you have accident prone kids, any ship with a flowrider increases the 'worry' factor. rock climbing wall and zipline are fine.

If you are a new cruiser and have seen ads for flowrider, zipline, rock climbing wall and ice skating, you may be disappointed about the lines needed to use these things and the limited hours available for ice skating.

If you don't like to pay extra for things BUT are tempted by extras and then want them, the Oasis class has lots of extra dining and wine drinking options.

Balcony cabins do seem smaller than other ships.

Lacks free sauna area other ships have.

Size of ship restricts ports available. If cruise frequently you have likely already been to the port and now go with 5K other pax whoever else is in port.

If treat it sort of like floating resort, easy to feel like you are just there to eat and drink. And if you eat alot and drink a fair amount of wine, you might find yourself falling asleep in one of the awesome shows that make this class unique.

Lots of pros, great class, most already mentioned. Some oddball 'cons' that aren't really cons to everyone:

If you have accident prone kids, any ship with a flowrider increases the 'worry' factor. rock climbing wall and zipline are fine.

If you are a new cruiser and have seen ads for flowrider, zipline, rock climbing wall and ice skating, you may be disappointed about the lines needed to use these things and the limited hours available for ice skating.

If you don't like to pay extra for things BUT are tempted by extras and then want them, the Oasis class has lots of extra dining and wine drinking options.

Balcony cabins do seem smaller than other ships.

Lacks free sauna area other ships have.

Size of ship restricts ports available. If cruise frequently you have likely already been to the port and now go with 5K other pax whoever else is in port.

If treat it sort of like floating resort, easy to feel like you are just there to eat and drink. And if you eat alot and drink a fair amount of wine, you might find yourself falling asleep in one of the awesome shows that make this class unique.

When I heard of the lack of free sauna, I was disappointed; still am, since I have enjoyed the sauna in the gym on previous cruises.

If it was available free, I am sure I would have used it a couple of times, yet I did not miss it either. I guess I was just too busy enjoying other things. I was unwilling to pay $30 per day or I believe it would have been $100 for the week.

We did Oasis last year and are sailing on Allure in 17 days :)

I agree with what everyone said. Stay away from the Windjammer (breakfast in MDR every day).

Roast beef at Park Cafe - OMG

Prebook all entertainment. Hairspray on Oasis was amazing. We are both theatre people and loved Hairspray. Last year the stars of the show even did a cabaret show in the Viking Crown Lounge on Friday night. It was great. Hope the stars of Chicago do the same thing on Allure.

Caviar bar @ 5PM in the Champagne lounge. Hope for the same on Allure.

People using the elevators are simply rude. My sister uses a mobility scooter and people just shove right past to get on the elevators. The inner bitch in me comes out during those times (because we don't have the option of using the stairs to go one deck).

Looking for a quiet, cool place during the day - the Viking Crown Lounge was our go-to place.

Are you leaving on August 10?

Forgot to add my pro

Beach pool is the best, but obviously a limited amount of lounges in the water. Get one early if you can. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What do you mean by lounges in the water?

What do you mean by lounges in the water?

Loungers in the water. The beach pool is like a beach, where the deck surface slopes down into the water. There are loungers in the sloping area in the water.