Do you HAVE to dress for formal night?

suzy5565

It's a vacation you chose to take and you knew or soon would know that when you chose it there would be at least one formal night on a cruise where there isn't a snowball's chance of a nebulous suggested dress (pseudo) code being enforced. If the cruise line not enforcing a suggested imitation dress code bothers you then try another type of a vacation. A cruise is not for you or go with the alternative provided and order room service.

Wanna talk to me about "all I had to worry about?" I think I've worried more in the last three months than most people have to worry in their entire lives. Wanna tell me to get a life? Then maybe you should buck up and just tell me instead of a backhanded passive-aggressive comment.

Perhaps being a military family and being surrounded by rules and guidelines makes it easier for me to swallow that if there are rules and guidelines, they are meant to be followed. That's why people don't smoke in movie theatres, that's why there's basic etiquette and courtesy, and that's why I think it's only right that if the cruiseline is going to provide guidelines, people should follow them.

If I'm bending over backwards to follow them because I accept it as part of the experience, I don't see anything wrong with hoping others have the same courtesy. And I'm not going to apologize for my desires in that instance.

I'm with you. :) And I'm also very happy to see your DH got home safely.

Suzy, you could also just bring a steamer with you. That way your DH can throw a jacket in his regular luggage and steam out the wrinkles when he needs it.

You shouldn't have a problem on formal night without one though. Alot of the guests I saw had their jackets on for only about 15 minutes while waiting to be seated. I wouldn't sweat it though. With a tie on, he'll still be better dressed than a good number of folks around you.

Liv, I wanted to make sure you saw my apology earlier.

Yes Ma'am I did....and it was accepted although it was I, not you, that was out of line. :o

I thought you'd like them. ;) And they said you had no taste. :confused:

Oh but I don't sorry. Just can't see wearing "walking shoes" to dinner ;) Who said that? :p They obviously don't know me very well then!

Oh but I don't sorry. Just can't see wearing "walking shoes" to dinner ;) Who said that? :p They obviously don't know me very well then!

Technically those are postal type shoes. The one's I wear are walking, dancing, formal type shoes. You should try them sometime. You'll never go back!

Technically those are postal type shoes. The one's I wear are walking, dancing, formal type shoes. You should try them sometime. You'll never go back!

Perhaps you'd post a pic of the shoes you're talking about?

:D Similar but different :D

LMAO.....similar but different......

I guess maybe it's a regional thing - what's considered formal and all that.

c03554_pop.jpg

Both have leather and lace. Mine are more efficient. We are talking about Carnivore formal, not formal formal. :p

How would they be more efficient?? Come on now....formal is formal:p

How would they be more efficient?? Come on now....formal is formal:p

Multi-purpose. Works on formal and informal nights. Works for walking through Mayan ruins all day. Goes with jeans better. Helps compensate for the 30 pair of shoes the opposite sex takes on each cruise. You know, more efficient. ;)

Multi-purpose. Works on formal and informal nights. Works for walking through Mayan ruins all day. Goes with jeans better. Helps compensate for the 30 pair of shoes the opposite sex takes on each cruise. You know, more efficient. ;)

Gotcha.... so you hike through the jungle during the day and then just before dinner scrape the monkey pooh from the bottom and you'd good to go :p

Gotcha.... so you hike through the jungle during the day and then just before dinner scrape the monkey pooh from the bottom and you'd good to go :p

I've had enough experience parading behind horses to know to avoid the monkey pooh. But when necessary, just shower with them on. More efficient, don't ya know :confused:

Archived