Vista Suite to Ocean Suite

rj70056

Hello, any help would be appreciated; currently booked in a Vista Suite on the Pride for an upcoming August cruise. I took a look at pricing today and noticed that an Ocean Suite is $550 cheaper than what I paid for the Vista. Called Carnival and received an unclear response to my request to change from the Vista to the Ocean Suite. The Carnival representative stated it was a downgrade and because final payment has been made I cannot switch from a Vista to an Ocean Suite. However they were not that convincing and stated it wouldn't hurt to call back later with the same question.

Question I have...has anyone ever tried to downgrade (and I do not think downgrade is the proper word) from one cabin category to another and were there penalties for doing so...or am I stuck in the Vista?

Thank you

Hello, any help would be appreciated; currently booked in a Vista Suite on the Pride for an upcoming August cruise. I took a look at pricing today and noticed that an Ocean Suite is $550 cheaper than what I paid for the Vista. Called Carnival and received an unclear response to my request to change from the Vista to the Ocean Suite. The Carnival representative stated it was a downgrade and because final payment has been made I cannot switch from a Vista to an Ocean Suite. However they were not that convincing and stated it wouldn't hurt to call back later with the same question.

Question I have...has anyone ever tried to downgrade (and I do not think downgrade is the proper word) from one cabin category to another and were there penalties for doing so...or am I stuck in the Vista?

Thank you

Vista suites are a much better deal. Be happy

Carnival does consider it a downgrade...and so do I.

I can't help you with being able to downgrade or not, but I would not give up a Vista Suite even for the Grand Suite.

Vistas are really nice. go to youtube and you can get a tour of the room(s). Yes, it is 2 separate rooms. I had the ocean suite and my sister had the vista. hers was really nice.

Unless you have one on Deck 5. Those cabins are one room.

Thank you

Vista suites are some of Carnival's best cabins. Don't change. Go and enjoy your Vista suite without a second thought.