Is 13 too young?

Sky616

To go to the Love & Marriage show on Royal Caribbean? My wife and I have been to this a few times but years ago. I can't remember the questions but kind of remember some sexual innuendo involved. I'm guessing it may go right over his head but wondered if others have had experience taking their young teen to this.

It's really your call as a parent, you know what your kid should and should not watch. With that said, I suspect he'd pick up more sexual innuendo from any prime-time TV sitcom than from a cruise ship Love & Marriage show.

Its not super bad. It might be more awarkard for your kid to sit next to you while everyone is laughing about Se# jokes. But I agree with the above poster I am sure they see worse things on tv and the internet and at a school

I don't think 13 is an appropriate age for that show...certainly, there will be other activities that your daughter can do while you attend that show.

Not saying they don't know about this stuff...just that it's not really necessary to introduce them to it in this format when there are other young-teen things to do

At 13YO, your DS will likely befriend other kids his age. They will "hang" together. They may choose to want to go to some of the shows together. It is really your choice and your judgement if there are specifc shows you want to tell him that he may not go. As others have indicated there is likelyl nothing that will come up in the L&M show that he has not already heard.

Edited by Onessa

The OP's son is 13. So I'll make the assumption that he is near 7th grade.

Let me tell ya, these kids hear a lot of stuff on the bus. It's completely up to you whether you want to take him to the Love and Marriage show. He might understand some stuff, he might not, some stuff may go over his head... but he might not ask you about the innuendo either.

Teenagers (or tweens, 13?) might not even want to be seen with you at the show. Parents are embarrassing for some teens/tweens.

My eldest is 15. I don't think he'd ever seen the Love and Marriage show live... maybe when it was on the TV. I'd like to think he's relatively mature for his age... we didn't make it a point to see the show live (younger siblings).... but I think I would've let him see it.

It's funny. Heck, his friends are playing some game called "Cards Against Humanity"... it's like "Apples to Apples" but not very politically correct.

Very funny.

I might feel like I would have to edit my participation if I saw a young teenager in the audience. Whether they've heard it or not, I might feel uncomfortable talking like that in front of them.

I doubt many kids would want to see that show anyway - hopefully they will find some kids of a similar age to hang out with.