Question about spa suites on the GEM

I was talking with my pcc today and questioned the spa suites, specifically on the GEM. At first she said that spa suites come with the spa pass included. Then she changed to only spa suites in the haven. Can anyone who has stayed in a spa suite, not in the Haven, tell me if your spa pass is included. I tried searching for this but was not successful. Thank you.

To my knowledge, the Gem does not have a spa suite. Nearest cabins to the spa are on deck 11, but aren't designated as spa suites.

The larger, newer ships, starting with the Epic, Breakaway, etc., have spa suites and even spa mini-suites. On the Epic, for example, a spa suite gives you 'complimentary access to the Thermal spa suites during regular Spa hours.'

The OP's question was specifically about the Gem.

The OP's question may have been specifically about the GEM but seeing as there are no SPA category cabins on the Gem that is why the others are questioning if she meant the BA, GA or Epic

The OP's question may have been specifically about the GEM but seeing as there are no SPA category cabins on the Gem that is why the others are questioning if she meant the BA, GA or Epic

Oh! I see what you mean! :)

Sorry everyone. Yes we were talking about the GEM. We were also discussing the BA so maybe she got confused. Am I to understand that all spa suites on the BA get spa passes whether in the haven or not?

None of the BA spa suites are physically in the Haven, but they are considered Haven Spa Suites because they all have Haven access included....and yes, they include the spa pass equivalent.

Sorry everyone. Yes we were talking about the GEM. We were also discussing the BA so maybe she got confused. Am I to understand that all spa suites on the BA get spa passes whether in the haven or not?

On the Breakaway the SPA Balcony, SPA Mini suite and Haven SPA suite all have the access passes to use the Thermal Spa Suites during normal spa hours....this is typically a $199 value per person on a 7 day Breakaway cruise. They also limit the number of spa passes sold on each cruise, so that area doesn't get over crowded.

The Haven SPA suite (Not in the Haven area) includes the access to the Haven as well as the Thermal Spa Suite.

Thank you Got Tequila. That is the best answer. I priced the spa suites and they're about 1/2 the haven spa suites. Still not convinced the BA is for me. I like the smaller ships, but it looks like they are a thing of the past.

Just making sure you understand that the Haven Spa Suites ARE the same as Spa Suites.. There are three categories of Spa cabins on the Breakaway. Spa Balcony (category B) and Spa Mini Suites (category M) include access to the thermal spa but do not include ANY suite amenities. The Haven Spa Suites are true suites; they include access to the Thermal Spa PLUS full suite amenities - they are NOT located IN the Haven but include access to it (thus they are called Haven Spa Suites). Just didn't want you to be confused and think that Spa Mini Suites include suite perks, they do not. All true suites on the Breakaway include suite perks and access to the Haven (all suites on the Breakaway have a designator beginning with the letter H). You can, however, add spa access to ANY cabin on the ship by purchasing a Thermal Spa pass (limited quantity).

The Gem has NO cabins that include spa access, and spa passes would have to be purchased separately for any cabin booked. The Gem has two kinds of true suites, Haven suites and Non-Haven suites. All category S and H suites include suite perks, but only H suites include access to the Haven.

On ALL NCL ships: All category B (Balcony) and M (mini suites) are NOT suites and include NO suite perks. Category S are true suites and include suite perks. Category H are Haven Suites and include all suite perks plus access to the Haven. Hope that simplifies things..

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Thank you Got Tequila. That is the best answer. I priced the spa suites and they're about 1/2 the haven spa suites. Still not convinced the BA is for me. I like the smaller ships, but it looks like they are a thing of the past.

LOL.

You're welcome, for the precise answer to your question.

Oh...wait....you were thanking somebody who introduced other elements, and other suites into the answer. It's no wonder you're confused.

Spa Suites, and HAVEN Spa Suites are the very same thing. As I said above, all spa suites are haven spa suites, even though they're not IN the haven.

Edited by sjbdtz
Just realized Robin already clarified this.

OK, I got it!!! I was confusing spa suites with spa balcony's. I understand that you can get a spa pass in any type of room, just curious about these named spa rooms. But since we like the aft, guess I'll hang there and buy the pass separately. Thank you to everyone who tried to straighten me out. Not an easy job. :o