More flooded cabins on Dream

Well, another lady has posted photos on FB of her flooded bathroom she has been on the Dream for the last 2 weeks & has reported of the water supplies going off for a day, 5 days of floods on her 2nd week, her bathroom severely flooding twice and a new carpet in her room!

She did say the staff were fantastic though but she was ready to come home....!

Edited by Julessmiles

Well, another lady has posted photos on FB of her flooded bathroom she has been on the Dream for the last 2 weeks & has reported of the water supplies going off for a day, 5 days of floods on her 2nd week, her bathroom severely flooding twice and a new carpet in her room!

She did say the staff were fantastic though but she was ready to come home....!

And I don't want to think what was in that filthy black water in the bath! :eek::eek:

The flood happened on Monday and still hadn't been sorted by today.

I saw the photographs and it looks pretty awful.

It's terrible that it is still ongoing. This is the response a lot of people are getting from Thomson when questioning the 'floods' :-

The water supply on Thomson Dream has been switched off periodically over the past week following a pipe leak - this was necessary for repairs to the system to be made. Our team onboard have done everything they can to minimise disruption to those onboard and assist those directly affected. Just to let you know, we’re currently making plans to replace the affected pipework and we don’t expect any significant impact to customers whilst onboard. I hope this helps.

It's terrible that it is still ongoing. This is the response a lot of people are getting from Thomson when questioning the 'floods' :-

The water supply on Thomson Dream has been switched off periodically over the past week following a pipe leak - this was necessary for repairs to the system to be made. Our team onboard have done everything they can to minimise disruption to those onboard and assist those directly affected. Just to let you know, we’re currently making plans to replace the affected pipework and we don’t expect any significant impact to customers whilst onboard. I hope this helps.

So they are going to replace the pipework without shutting off the water supply?

i read somewhere (trying to find it) that The Dream was undergoing planned upgrading of the plumbing system, whilst at sea........Seems now to make sense the 'floods' initially reported was deck 9 then a few weeks later deck 6, then deck 5, will deck 4 be next?

They also have spare carpeting on board ,and plenty of spare parts replacement pipes etc ( i am not sure if this is always the case).

If this is the correct, Thomson probably think it is worth the risk of a few casualties, rather than extra time in Dry-Dock, their profits are more important to them.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Genuine plumbing emergences will always happen, be on a ship, hotel even your own house, but this does seem a little more that that.

I am off next week and intend to have a fantastic time and hope that i am not affected (and neither is any one else),

i read somewhere (trying to find it) that The Dream was undergoing planned upgrading of the plumbing system, whilst at sea........Seems now to make sense the 'floods' initially reported was deck 9 then a few weeks later deck 6, then deck 5, will deck 4 be next?

They also have spare carpeting on board ,and plenty of spare parts replacement pipes etc ( i am not sure if this is always the case).

If this is the correct, Thomson probably think it is worth the risk of a few casualties, rather than extra time in Dry-Dock, their profits are more important to them.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Genuine plumbing emergences will always happen, be on a ship, hotel even your own house, but this does seem a little more that that.

I am off next week and intend to have a fantastic time and hope that i am not affected (and neither is any one else),

Yes certainly seems that Thomson are putting their profit margins ahead of customer care. What a shame! I suppose they think they should be able to do it without these incidents as it's definitely not good PR! Let's hope they recognise what the issue is with the maintenance which is leading to the flooding and can resolve it so you and others won't have this to contend with. (Either that or suspend this work until a dry dock - wouldn't that make more sense? Oops, forgot - might be more costly! :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I send you my very best wishes for a wonderful and trouble-free cruise. :)