Help- Think we've made a mistake

barb210

Are you on the roll call? We are on that cruise. There is a large group who are planning a post-cruise happy hour and dinner, that should fill a good bit of your time. A number of people have made arrangements to spend the night and fly out the next day because of the possibility that the ship could arrive late due to a propulsion problem which might slow it down. (The Reflection has the same problem.) Also people are expecting it to take up to 3 hours to get through Immigration. You might not have that much time to kill. Come to the roll call if you haven't already.

Hi

We've just put down a deposit on Celebrity Silhouette for November 2014. The ship docks at 7am in Fort Lauderdale and our flight back to the UK from Miami isn't until 8.50pm.

I think we made a mistake and should have booked Celebrity Reflection which goes out on Saturday and stayed overnight before the flight back on Sunday.

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of nights pre cruise, does anyone know of any hotels that will let us use a room for the day especially if we book it for the pre cruise stay. The idea of hanging around Miami or Fort Lauderdale before a long haul flight in the evening doesn't appeal at all.

TIA

Hi there , My husband and I are on the Eclipse in November our ships docks at 7 am but flight to the UK now been delayed to 10.25 pm. We was thinking of going to Miami for the day or try and get a hotel for the day also. Other than that hiring a car and going to the Everglades and then onto Miami...

Havent looked hotels yet.... Just one thing with the ships excursions they get you back to the airport hours before your flight.

Brenda x

Hi all,

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. We might be able to change to Reflection but prefer the route Silhouette is doing. We like the idea of maybe renting a car and going down to Key Largo for the day or even to South Beach although not sure I fancy a beach for the last day.

Found a Hilton near the airport for a day rate so we've got a couple of options which makes me feel happier.

Honeybearhollow, not sure what the roll call is but thanks for the invite. Think it will be too late for us as the flight back to the UK is 8.50pm.

Go to the Boards on Cruise Critic and click on the Celebrity Connections Roll Calls and then click Reflection and then look for the thread for your sailing. I would have found the link for you but you haven't stated what date you are sailing. The Roll Call is a chat with others who are cruising on your sailing and its nice to get to know some of them before the cruise. Often you end up doing independent shore excursions with them and other things. They will be able to answer questions and welcome you aboard.

Hi

We've just put down a deposit on Celebrity Silhouette for November 2014. The ship docks at 7am in Fort Lauderdale and our flight back to the UK from Miami isn't until 8.50pm.

I think we made a mistake and should have booked Celebrity Reflection which goes out on Saturday and stayed overnight before the flight back on Sunday.

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of nights pre cruise, does anyone know of any hotels that will let us use a room for the day especially if we book it for the pre cruise stay. The idea of hanging around Miami or Fort Lauderdale before a long haul flight in the evening doesn't appeal at all.

TIA

A lot of the Miami airport hotels have day rooms available, we have done this in the past.

Don’t pay for a taxi to get to your rental car. Book from one of the airport car rentals that services the port. They have a car rental shuttle that picks up at the port and leaves you at the airport--no charge.

Good luck!

For $50/pp, or maybe less, you should be able to buy access to the airline's lounge. Definitely worth it for a wait of that length.

I'm not sure getting back a day earlier and overnighting would have helped you much. They're really isn't much for morning flights directly from Miami back to the UK. You could leave earlier in the day, but you'd just end up sitting for 6-8 hours in NY or DC or somewhere waiting for the evening transatlantic flight.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Unfortunately, at least for the lounges we have used for United, the lounges are located past the check-in area. You cannot check in for three hours prior to your flight I believe, which limits the cost effectiveness of that option.