WiFi Packages on Azura

HELEN HENRY

Could anyone assist in this matter please.

Another cruiser requiring assistance with the following states

I was ale to communicate with my business partner via the forums on the P&O website, using the free access to the website in the library.

As you all know the forum is no longer there and as such I need to be able to check emails regularly just in case!

Are there WiFi packages available that I can use with a tablet/smart phone?[/

Thank you.

It can even be cheaper (depending on your mobile provider) to use a smart phone in port on the local cellphone networks (NOT on the ship's cell) if you can't find free wifi.

I'm with T mobile and it's £1 for 20mb - enough for emails and even a bit of facebook!

Once the ship is in port the ship's cell is usually turned off - so you can get land mobile networks while on the open decks (and sometimes inside if near a window. I know shoreside free wifi is cheaper - but maybe it's less convenient if you have to schlepp the iPad around with you...

If all else fails, follow the staff off the ship - they seem to know where there is free wifi / open wifi networks. I saw groups of staff congregating around certain buildings all on their phones/tablets - so I can only assume they'd found free wifi.

Another idea is if you are with Virgin Media, you can download their Smartcall app on to your smartphone. Then when in port, find free wi-fi and you can then make calls using your Virgin domestic call plan. If this includes mobiles then these would be free calls as well as landline calls.

I'm on an anytime call plan so all calls are included 24/7/365

And it works, because I've tried it.

Edited by shallwe