Princess Railroad Menu selections and prices

1153rsmith

Does anyone know menu items and prices on the Princess Railroad trip from Denali to Whittier?

Also, how big is the outdoor observation area?

If you go to my review of our recent Alaska cruise and land tour, (www.thepreismans.com) you will find the menu from the train. I also have a photo of the outdoor observation area. This is what it looks like.

island_june_14_fairbanks_IMG_9132.jpg

If you go to my review of our recent Alaska cruise and land tour, (www.thepreismans.com) you will find the menu from the train. I also have a photo of the outdoor observation area. This is what it looks like.

Thank you so much for posting. I have a brother and sister in law, Mike & Carol.

Our trip is going to be on the Island Princess as well, but Southbound. I want to take time and read all of your review.

Have a great day.

I have a question on the rail portion. My travel agent made it sound like we would have to rotate between the domed area and the deck below. If the deck below is the dining car, that doesn't make sense to me. She had said there was casual food served up stairs and finer dining down below.

Will we be able to stay in the domed area all day if we wish? We will getting on at Denali and going all the way to Whittier.

I have a question on the rail portion. My travel agent made it sound like we would have to rotate between the domed area and the deck below. If the deck below is the dining car, that doesn't make sense to me. She had said there was casual food served up stairs and finer dining down below.

Will we be able to stay in the domed area all day if we wish? We will getting on at Denali and going all the way to Whittier.

Since you have assigned seats in the domed area, you can stay there the whole trip if you want. Downstairs is strictly the restaurant and/or snack bar.

If you go to my review of our recent Alaska cruise and land tour,

You wrote a great report .... lots of wonderful photos and helpful info but it went straight into the Trip Report List without its own thread so I think a lot of people might have missed it.

Why don't you start a new thread for your blog and give travellers another opportunity to see it? (and ask questions) Thanks!

You wrote a great report .... lots of wonderful photos and helpful info but it went straight into the Trip Report List without its own thread so I think a lot of people might have missed it.

Why don't you start a new thread for your blog and give travellers another opportunity to see it? (and ask questions) Thanks!

Thanks; but I did set it up with its own thread. It has dropped backa few pages.

You are confusing various seating that does not pertain to the Princess cars. Your seats are assigned, upper deck, table seating of 4. Be advised that 2 people will be riding backward the entire trip. Your segment is 10 hours. With the scenic portion the last 2 hours.

You are confusing various seating that does not pertain to the Princess cars. Your seats are assigned, upper deck, table seating of 4. Be advised that 2 people will be riding backward the entire trip. Your segment is 10 hours. With the scenic portion the last 2 hours.

Our seats were all forward facing.

There must be new cars in their fleet, since you state these were Princess cars. I was at Denali last week and indeed did see the table seating on the cars I saw. Sounds like, now, there is some chance of better seating, since the backward seating wasn't always popular with some people. But as of last week, they still were running those cars.

There must be new cars in their fleet, since you state these were Princess cars. I was at Denali last week and indeed did see the table seating on the cars I saw. Sounds like, now, there is some chance of better seating, since the backward seating wasn't always popular with some people. But as of last week, they still were running those cars.

I think they are just using the railroad cars, since they didn't say Princess on the side of the cars. They were very nice. Here are pics of the inside and outside.

island_june_14_fairbanks_IMG_9112.jpg

island_june_14_fairbanks_IMG_9107.jpg

I think they are just using the railroad cars, since they didn't say Princess on the side of the cars. They were very nice. Here are pics of the inside and outside.

island_june_14_fairbanks_IMG_9112.jpg

island_june_14_fairbanks_IMG_9107.jpg

Oh, BIG difference. My reference is for Princess rail cars. For some reason, you had overflow add on cars, that aren't frequently the plan. As I said, all the Princess cars I saw were the table seating, which was several times, I was mainland Alaska for 3+ weeks plus a cruise.

Oh, BIG difference. My reference is for Princess rail cars. For some reason, you had overflow add on cars, that aren't frequently the plan. As I said, all the Princess cars I saw were the table seating, which was several times, I was mainland Alaska for 3+ weeks plus a cruise.

Sure glad we had the overflow cars. :)