Tesco Clubcard vouchers - refund if cruise is cancelled?

Mim Lloyd

I used Tesco Rewards (worth 3 times the face value) towards my 14 night 2015 Royal Caribbean cruise. The cruise is now applicable for the all inclusive promotion. Royal Caribbean say that I can cancel the cruise and then rebook to get the promotion. I'll lose my £300 deposit but the promotion is worth more than double that. But I can't use Tesco Reward vouchers in addition. I don't want to lose the vouchers and wonder if anybody knows whether I will have my Club card account recredited or will I lose them completely? I booked the cruise in May and the expiry date for the vouchers is 12 August 2014. I tried to ring Tesco but they're closed today (Sunday).

Anyone know?

The terms and conditions when we've used Tesco vouchers for holidays (we've not used them for cruises) stated that they were non-refundable and any loss would have to be claimed under holiday insurance.

If I read it correctly, once you've swapped your Tesco voucher for the specific reward voucher they're non refundable.

We lost some once when we swapped them for a restaurant voucher and then were unable to use them before they were out of date.

Edited by callyuk

I worked out that the RCCI promotion was worth about £870 to us if we'd have been able to book it. I rang Tesco first thing this morning to see whether my Reward tokens would be recredited to my account if I cancelled the original cruise booking. They said it's no problem to them, it's up to the individual companies who have accepted them as to whether they refund or not.

Back I went to Royal Caribbean who luckily for me DO refund on Tesco Clubcard tokens and confirmed that a credit invoice would be sent to Tesco if I cancel and thery confirmed this in an email. So that is what I've done - I've cancelled the original cruise and immediately made a new booking in the same cabin. My Tesco Clubcard will receive the credit within the next month which I can put towards a future cruise. I may have lost my original derposit of £300 but I'm still up by £870 plus I got my Tesco Clubcard tokens back. I feel so happy!