Vision ~ B2B ~ 5 Nights ~ July 21st & 26th: My Diary

Wanda.....glad this was helpful to you. And always good hearing from you. Gosh.....you guys must be really close to Pinnacle by now.

Yes.....come go shopping with me any time! Since I have retired....that seems to be my job!! Shopping and cruising! Yay!!

I always keep a supply of rubber bands in my make-up case. That works great on the hair dryers!

Enjoy the Vision!! Don't forget to say hello to Betsy for us!

Jane, Hope you are well. Don't have your email address so am hoping to connect with you this way. Joe and I have booked cabin #9256 (corner aft) on the Brilliance of the Seas for a Baltics cruise next May. Any opinions on the aft cabins? Always thought they got booked first but can't figure out why several are still available for this cruise. Anything I should know?! Thanks. Joan

Jane, Hope you are well. Don't have your email address so am hoping to connect with you this way. Joe and I have booked cabin #9256 (corner aft) on the Brilliance of the Seas for a Baltics cruise next May. Any opinions on the aft cabins? Always thought they got booked first but can't figure out why several are still available for this cruise. Anything I should know?! Thanks. Joan

Hey Joan!! Just happened to see this today!

Those aft cabins are wonderful. I believe 9256 is a corner aft, right? Not a thing wrong with any of those aft cabins. You will enjoy it. We just lucked into the one we had on Vision for this trip. Someone must have cancelled pretty much last minute. We were lucky! Enjoy!!

Hello,

You said you booked a room at the Westin in Grand Cayman. Did you do this in advance? Did you call the hotel directly? When you go online the prices are much different for a room

Yes...those day room prices are a lot lower and this was well worth it!!! We did not have to book in advance here....which is a plus! It's really nice especially if you can get another couple to go with you. As a matter of fact......I think up to 6 can share the day room. I DID call the hotel in advance, though......just to confirm the price and make sure they had some for the day that we would be there. They were very nice.

Greetings from North Carolina! Just back from 2 five night cruises on the Vision of the Seas.....both 5 nighters. We last cruised on the Vision in February this year....2 weeks out of Colon.....Spanish Immersion. We had a wonderful cruise then' date=' and were tickled when we found these two cruises at a great price. We did not hesitate to book the Vision again.

We were concerned because of all the negative reviews that were surfacing all over the place since the Vision moved to Florida. Some legitimate concerns were raised and we were hoping that those things were being addressed. We wanted to see for ourselves.

Everything is subjective and I am only reporting on what WE experienced, so here goes.

We are Jane and John. We went on our first cruise in 1985 on the Song of America. It was our honeymoon. We liked this concept of vacationing and have stuck with it for 29 years. We are closing in on 500 nights at sea with Royal Caribbean. We've also cruised with Carnival (once) and Celebrity (once). Because of our higher D+ status, some of our experiences are a little enhanced.

This cruise adventure started on July 20th when we caught a Southwest flight to Fort Lauderdale. We have been driving to Florida since I retired last year, but decided to fly for this trip. It was a pleasure to fly Southwest.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Sterling Road. We had stayed here before and it was fine. I arranged for us to take their shuttle to the port at 10:45. It cost $10.00 pp. We bought a case of water at Big Lots, which was right behind the hotel.

[u']July 21, 2014 ~ Fort Lauderdale[/u]

We had a good breakfast at the HI.....as far as those kinds of breakfasts go. We had all our stuff in the lobby at 10:30 and were promptly picked up by the shuttle at 10:45. We even picked up the comedienne for the next two cruises on the way to the port. She was funny then, too!

When we got to the port.....everything went smoothly.....there was no waiting anywhere. From the porters to security and check in.....it was seamless. We were on board at around 11:20.

Scan0054_zpsc78a2409.jpg

I'm sure most of you know that the Vision Class ships are not for everybody. They certainly don't have the bells and whistles that the newer ships have. but we do not need to be entertained 24/7 any more. We don't participate in many of the activities and don't go to many shows. We cruise to relax, read, visit with friends (old and new), and eat food that I didn't have to shop for and cook! So the Vision and Radiance Class ships suit us just fine. I just feel better cared for on these ships.

Once on board, we were immediately met by a specialty restaurant person trying hard to get people to make reservations.....which was fine with me. I always wait until we get on board to make these reservations....so I took care of that right then and there!

We then parked ourselves in a comfy sitting area on Deck 5, so we could relax and wait for cabins to open at 1:00. So excited to be on board!! After 29 years.....it is still exciting to step on board!

DSC04277_zpsb7bf1129.jpg

CentrumVision_zpsbc24afe3.jpg

DSC_0169_zpse15dd385.jpg

Wow we honeymooners on the Song of America in 1985 also!!! Going on Vision in December