Wine Bottle Sizes ?

squirrel65

I know a person is allowed one bottle of wine in their carry on- but I do not see anything on the CCL web site about the size allowed. Does this apply to only the standard 750 ML or can a person bring a magnum ( 1.5 L) ?

Thanks!!!

Shirley

I know a person is allowed one bottle of wine in their carry on- but I do not see anything on the CCL web site about the size allowed. Does this apply to only the standard 750 ML or can a person bring a magnum ( 1.5 L) ?

Thanks!!!

Shirley

one 750 ml bottle per adult.

I chickened out one time - I wanted to bring four individual Champagne splits aboard because the four splits total 750 ml. (Don't ask why I wanted to bring splits; long b-o-r-I-n-g story). However, I was told that I MIGHT get three bottles confiscated because the port inspectors could take them saying "only one bottle" regardless of the fact that the total amount of champagne was within limits.

Have read a post where they allowed a 1.5L bottle between the two of them in the same cabin. Have read where it was confiscated. Have even read where people were able to get a 3.0L box of wine onboard in theri checked bag.

It's a crap shoot! It depends as much on the specific individual security person when you board as anything.

So, when the CCL website clearly states "750 ml", personally I would just take a 750 ml bottle. JMHO! :o

Some security folks are more stringent than others. The people in Charleston are very thorough (they'll take out every bottle of water and shake it; they check to see if the wine bottle is sealed, etc).

Others, (like in San Juan), you could probably carry on just about anything!

OP, you stated you don't see anything on CCLs website? Clearly states 750 ml under "beverage policy" in their FAQ. Seems many people don't find the FAQ, and although we're all "experts" here, I do occasionally (even with Carnival cruises #20 and #21 coming up soon), go there and do some reading.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beveragepolicy