Goodies for the Maiden Voyage?

I was on the Allure Labadee Extravaganza and am going on the Quantum 3 night. I would expect similar, although I'm really just going to see the ship.

It was Diamonds in December, so I'm not sure which gifts were for what, but we got champagne as soon as we got on the ship, lobster bbq lunch on Labadee. Then in our room, towel, bag, steel water bottle, hat.....I think that's what I remember.

• 4 weeks later...
I do these UK to US floating hotel maiden voyages as often as possible. The delight in doing so is they are normally only running at about twenty percent capacity enabling a peaceful, cheap, child free restful transatlantic crossing. Their inexpensive at about $900 offering nine days of crew mistakes, accommodation, full board & a stay in the US for as long as you like according to your visa & a free flight back to Europe & its more subtle culture.

To see the crew running around like headless chickens is worth it's weight in gold as customer services freely hand out FOC sweeteners in recognition of dire service.

My last TA maiden on the NCL Getaway in January 2014 was pure entertainment all the way. The force ten gales & forty foot seas lasted for days & only enhanced the TA experience for me, I fondly recollect the insignificant final bill due to the free, food, spa & drinks handed out as compensation for poor service, which if fact was excellent.

If your also on the maiden out of Southampton on the 02-11-2014 in the morning you will find we in the Spa & in the afternoon in Library & in the evening in the quietest restaurant quaffing a quality claret with a beaming grin all over my face as we bounce around in another force ten, happy days.

think you could be sooo right on this one seeing the long range forecast.

I was on the inaugurals of oasis and allure and you guys are forgetting the two signed cookbooks from the head chef. They're really nice. As someone said, in the cabin every night there was something: towels, personalised coca cola bottles, back sacs, stamped coins, umbrellas, caps, pens, photos, and all sorts.

Only a couple of weeks and I'll be on the maiden of quantum!

Jackie