parking around NO

CarribbeanTina271

There's a large parking lot by Jax Brewery Bldg. on Decatur. Seems last time I used it, was about $10/day. If you're not familiar with the area, Decatur is the street that runs by the river in the Quarter - Jackson Square is right there....always a good starting point. The Jax Bldg. is catty-corner from Jackson Square.

There's also metered parking in some areas....but watch it closely. Those metermaids are wicked with their tickets!:D I'd suggest the Jax parking lot.

There's no actual 'terminal parking' right now, due to construction of a multi-tiered gargage at the port. However, Fulton St. Garage (on Convention Ctr. Blvd.) and also Manchu Pichu Parking lot - both are $12 per day, unless they've increased their rates recently. Both have complimentary shuttles to and from the cruise terminal bldg.

On the shirt tails of the above post, we intend to do the same thing as well as stay 1 extra day on the return trip. If you only had say 3 to 4 hours to spend (the day of the cruise), what would your recommendation be to see and or do. We will also be driving to the pier. Could we just park at the above garages for the pier, leave our luggage in vehicle, go to where ever and then come back to the garage and go to the ship? If so, how would we do that? cab?

I wouldn't leave my luggage in the car - anywhere!

One possibility is checking in at the terminal as early as possible, taking your carry-ons to your cabin, and then leaving the ship. Just be sure you have your Sail & Sign card with you, for easy access back onto the ship.

Grab a cab and head to the Quarter. It will probably be $7pp for the cab. Have him drop you off at Jackson Square. To cram the most into that small window of time, you can walk the Quarter, go to Cafe du Monde for cafe au lait and beignets, and walk up the steps next to CdM for a fantastic view of the river, or check out some of the shops on Decatur...or stroll down to the Old French Market...all on Decatur.

Another thought is going to the Aquarium of the Americas. You can easily spend 2-3 hours in there, and it's one of the best aquariums anywhere. I take guests quite often. There's a rain forest, mega sea life, creatures native to LA, all very interesting and fun.

Hope you enjoy our city - both before and after your cruise!:)

There's a large parking lot by Jax Brewery Bldg. on Decatur. Seems last time I used it, was about $10/day. If you're not familiar with the area, Decatur is the street that runs by the river in the Quarter - Jackson Square is right there....always a good starting point. The Jax Bldg. is catty-corner from Jackson Square.

Check this photo for Jax parking prices.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/293558163/293564504ggfpfM

:) Aww, Tina & Choozin - I'm always glad to help someone enjoy our wonderful city!

Dan - Glad you posted that JAX rate sign. I had no idea it's gone up so much. When I do park there, it's usually for 3-4 hours, and I could have sworn it was $10 last time. I usually try to park near my daughter's apt. but this lot is handy-dandy.:D

Dan - Glad you posted that JAX rate sign. I had no idea it's gone up so much. When I do park there, it's usually for 3-4 hours, and I could have sworn it was $10 last time. I usually try to park near my daughter's apt. but this lot is handy-dandy.:D

That's where we always park also. Unless of course, when we have a room at the Inn on Bourbon.:D The Jax lot also takes credit cards in case you spend all your cash.

Archived