Transatlantics To & From The UK

delirious9876

• 3 weeks later...
I do realize that; it's just that I can't seem to find flights to much of anywhere else than Heathrow, so that's what I mentioned.

Our FF miles are with American, and they seem to always route us to Heathrow.

Use the air miles on Iberia or finair both of which have surcharges, but far smaller than BA; never fly BA to the UK because of the surcharge...fly on American where the tax/surcharge is $5; Try to find an air berlin flight...no surcharges...just like american.

The AA "use miles" part of their reservation system tries to get you on BA...even if AA is available. I've found instances where Tampa to Dallas is available; Dallas to London is available (both on AA), and if you try to book from tampa to London, that connection never shows up. Very annoying and (let's hope accidentally) bad programming vs intentional).

The AA "use miles" part of their reservation system tries to get you on BA...even if AA is available. I've found instances where Tampa to Dallas is available; Dallas to London is available (both on AA), and if you try to book from tampa to London, that connection never shows up. Very annoying and (let's hope accidentally) bad programming vs intentional).
This sounds more likely to be just the normal approach to the display of itineraries: non-stops (Tampa to London, for example) preferred over connecting itineraries, and shorter routings / overall journey times preferred over itineraries that have you back-tracking almost across half the country, with a flown distance that's almost 30% longer:-

k2fdxf.gif