Let's see your gowns!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My husband and son (12) will be wearing grey tuxes. ;)

We are doing grey too - not tuxes though; only slacks for the groomsmen and slacks with a vest for the groom. I love the look of grey, and I think against the sand of the beach it will pop nicely. :)

• 4 weeks later...
This is mine. Should be here at the end of the month. Tux for my fiance. No bridesmaids. My youngest son will be in his Marine Corp dress blues. Our colors are royal blue and ivory.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/a-line-princess-queen-anne-sweep-brush-train-tulle-and-lace-wedding-dress-632813_p632813.html

Mrsriceasnice Did you end up getting and using the dress from lightinthebox? I read some reviews saying the dresses were made in China and some reviews said the dresses were beautiful and looked exactly like what they were ordering while other reviews stated the dresses were horrible and didn't resemble what the photo looked like at all. What was your experience?

Our vow renewal is in July and I've finally got my dress! I found "The One" at Alfred Angelo but it was $900. Luckily, I was able to order a replica (without the beadwork) from aliexpress for $80 shipped! :cool:

Thanks knawest8! I have to check out aliexpress... I found a Maggie Sottero dress that I adore but its discontinued (not to mention more than double my budget!)

This is my second wedding and while I still believe the dress is very important I just don't want to spend thousands on something I'm wearing only once.

Mrsriceasnice Did you end up getting and using the dress from lightinthebox? I read some reviews saying the dresses were made in China and some reviews said the dresses were beautiful and looked exactly like what they were ordering while other reviews stated the dresses were horrible and didn't resemble what the photo looked like at all. What was your experience?

I did, I had a great experience. I didn't do custom measurements so it was quite long but I had a friend take up the length in front to leave me with a longer train. I didn't even have to wear any extra support underneath because it was so well built.

10947558_10153618304228266_58255731_n.jpg.b2cbf1d3ec120324653eae39f899bcbe.jpg

10893596_10153618321553266_251113329_n.jpg.a12cf6ddbcbea11149f09999eadc6d7c.jpg

I did, I had a great experience. I didn't do custom measurements so it was quite long but I had a friend take up the length in front to leave me with a longer train. I didn't even have to wear any extra support underneath because it was so well built.

That definitely brings a smile to my face!! I had written them off but for the low price it might just be worth giving it a shot. I have until April 2016 anyway so if it is horrible I could always go with something else!

Thanks for the pictures! Your dress was stunning!

That definitely brings a smile to my face!! I had written them off but for the low price it might just be worth giving it a shot. I have until April 2016 anyway so if it is horrible I could always go with something else!

Thanks for the pictures! Your dress was stunning!

My seamstress who had made and altered gowns for many many years was very impressed with the gown. She said it definitely was excellent quality.

I spent some time looking through them this afternoon... Unfortunately nothing jumps out at me right now :-( The problem I'm having is that I found a gown I had my heart set on only to find out that it was discontinued back in 2012. So now nothing measures up... Since I still have tons of time I'll keep checking back until I find something though!

I spent some time looking through them this afternoon... Unfortunately nothing jumps out at me right now :-( The problem I'm having is that I found a gown I had my heart set on only to find out that it was discontinued back in 2012. So now nothing measures up... Since I still have tons of time I'll keep checking back until I find something though!

Have you tried a google image search to see if you can find a similar dress anywhere?

Well finally getting around to posting our picture from our cruise to celebrate our 35th. Anniversary! Unfortunately I didn't get a "full length" picture & didn't realize it till I went to buy the pictures, so you can't see the bottom of the dress. :( I had posted a picture of it awhile ago on this thread so you can see it there (back a few posts). We had a wonderful time & looking forward to our 40th. ! LOL

Image%2029_zpsmv180zsc.jpg

Well finally getting around to posting our picture from our cruise to celebrate our 35th. Anniversary! Unfortunately I didn't get a "full length" picture & didn't realize it till I went to buy the pictures, so you can't see the bottom of the dress. :( I had posted a picture of it awhile ago on this thread so you can see it there (back a few posts). We had a wonderful time & looking forward to our 40th. ! LOL

Image%2029_zpsmv180zsc.jpg

You were a beautiful bride! Love it!

Thank you & right back at you! But I was a "bride" 35 yrs. ago! This was to celebrate 35 yrs. as Mr. & Mrs. ! :D

I knew that. ;) You are forever and always his bride.

I volunteer with a gentleman who after 50 years still refers to his wife as his bride. I love it!

I knew that. ;) You are forever and always his bride.

I volunteer with a gentleman who after 50 years still refers to his wife as his bride. I love it!

Yes, I guess your right! LOL My uncle also refers to my aunt as "his bride" & they've been married over 60 yrs. & still going strong! (my Dad's sister). :)

There are many, many online stores that sell used wedding gowns at a fraction of the original price. You may still be able to get that 2012 discontinued dress.