Champlain

Ironing on Discoverer?

5waldos,

I hope you're wrong, but I'll bring a travel iron just in case you're not. When you get onboard, come visit us in 306.:)

5waldos,

I hope you're wrong, but I'll bring a travel iron just in case you're not. When you get onboard, come visit us in 306.:)

Will do- why don't you email me at jw nepal @ aol dot com (no spaces).

Pretty sure that travel iron is forbidden and will be confiscated if found. Fire hazard.

Pretty sure that travel iron is forbidden and will be confiscated if found. Fire hazard.

Natalie, I know someone who works on board. I will email her and ask about ironing. ;)

There is full laundry service on board, but no dry cleaning. Pressing is available (for a fee, I don't think that is included if youhave earned free laundry).

Thanks. I do have free laundry, but given the climate that we'll be in, I am bringing some washable silk shirts that have to be hand-washed. I can easily do that, but I'm sure after being -dried, they'll need a little pressing. Oh well, I can live with wrinkles if I have to.:rolleyes:

Thanks. I do have free laundry, but given the climate that we'll be in, I am bringing some washable silk shirts that have to be hand-washed. I can easily do that, but I'm sure after being -dried, they'll need a little pressing. Oh well, I can live with wrinkles if I have to.:rolleyes:

I had a couple of items like yours, the butler took them to the laundry and made sure they were hand washed and line dried. Visual of him standing over the laundry person supervising LOL

Gotta love 'em

We won't notice as we are apt to be a bit wrinkled too.

I had a couple of items like yours, the butler took them to the laundry and made sure they were hand washed and line dried. Visual of him standing over the laundry person supervising LOL

Gotta love 'em

Wow! I may try that. Thanks for the tip.

Don't know what you are up to on your day(s) in koror but you can have laundry done there very Inexpensively. Wash dry fold for a couple of dollars for a large load. Wouldn't suggest your fine silks but for ordinary stuff it would be fine.

Ignore above- you have free laundry.

but am curious- what do they have planned for you in Koror?

I have no idea. When we had our changeover in Bergen they arranged a city tour for us. I don't know if they have anything planned in Koror, but I intend to ask since I don't think they had planned anything in Bergen until I asked.

Suspect they may have thought about it since I know that they already have something planned for the day in the Solomons.. Wonder how many there will be staying on in Palau?

I would hope that they would have diving for those so inclined- a single day of diving in Palau will probably not be enough for hardcore divers.

5waldos,

Have you gotten my 2 emails? If not, check your spam since aol often doesn't put through emails it doesn't recognize.

Natalie