Breeze, adult pool? And Sky Course $

holdon216

The Breeze looks terrific, but I don't understand why it only has TWO pools? Conquest class has 4 pools and a kiddie pool at Camp Carnival. Spirit class has 3 pools.

Now to hear that the Breeze aft pool isn't adults only leaves me puzzled. Additionally, the Serenity area is adjacent to Waterworks.

I don't think these layouts will ruin any cruise, but it doesn't seem they will enhance it either. Doesn't seem logical at all.

Am I being too picky? I have 7 children and know that the main pools can get crowded and the older kids would like to go to the quieter adult pool sometimes. Still...an adult/quiet pool would be very appreciated!

Edited by mdmomof7

• 9 months later...

We've cruised on Carnival a number of times, and carefully selected our suite/room so we'd be convenient to the "adult pool/area" of the Lido deck. We were totally stunned to find the rear of the Lido deck is NOT an 'adults only' area on the Breeze.

so we trudged up to the front of the ship, Level 15 -- climbed up a lot of stairs to get to the 'Serenity' area (we did eventually find that one front elevator reaches the little 15th level via the Spa).

No pool!! And no available chairs, but lots of people wandering around trying to find a chair and just leaving.

NOTE: people seemed to feel free to lay a towel/magazines on a group of chairs and leave for hours, or in some cases, the rest of the day - After a while, we heard other guests say they'd gone there, left to get something to eat, dry towels, tell friends where they were, get something from their room, whatever... and simply didn't bother coming clear back up. Perhaps that is why no staff 'policed' this in the Serenity area and removed things from chairs that were empty for hours and hours??

Serenity has one tiny bar with a few stools and a small awning but the bar carries only limited items. example, there is no celery or Zing mix for Bloody Marys, and people seemed to not be able to get the liquors they wanted. (Note: the bartender, Mirko, was very very pleasant).

Absolutely no food available - you must leave and walk down a number of levels... Food is far away, on Lido (Level 10).

A number of people complained because both 'sides' of the "Serenity" area are adjacent to the water slide so you hear a lot of screaming...

We went to Serenity a few times looking for chairs, and found two chairs just one time. Others at our dining table (all adults with no kids with them) said they'd checked out Serenity but left as they never found a chair, and there was no pool; they'd all cruised on Carnival before and expected the Lido's rear pool would be the adult area/pool.

Our (new) travel agent said the Breeze is "Carnival's best ship" and we'd be delighted that we'd have easy access to the Lido Deck's Adult Area .... we won't use her again. We read everything we could, but never realized there was no Adult pool on Breeze.

Whoever decided to substitute a remote, boring, foodless little area with a 1/2 size bar as the only 'adult' area SHOULD BE FIRED.

Edited by SunnyTodayFL
sentence fragment....

I was on that cruise.

It is a good thing the aft pool wasn't adult only. The adults turned the main pool into a drinking party. I had to take my son to the aft pool so he could actually use it.

I do question the logic of putting the waterslides next to Serenity, but sometimes you just run out of room. I suspect that is the case and also why Serenity doesn't have a pool.

You may have noticed Camp Carnival (or Ocean Camp or whatever it is now) was moved from the front to the rear of the ship. I thought that was a smart move. The window shades were always closed anyway, the kids couldn't have cared less for the view and adults didn't need to be peaking into the camp. Now that space is spa and exercise facility.

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival seems to be actively marketing their family friendly cruises and their direction is obviously to move out of the traditional adult type cruise into more active fare and spaces that appeal and are used by the "whole" family.

For cruisers who would like a quiet, "adult only" vibe they may need to rethink Carnival as their cruiseline of choice.

John Heald did a poll on his facebook page which. Supported adults only pools on all ships but so far no changes

How long ago did he do this poll? When I was looking at cabins to book on the Breeze, when you look at cabins in the aft, it says it is close to the adult only pool. So, they either need to change that description, or make it adult only:D

There really needs to be an adult only pool, the kiddos have waterworks..

• 2 weeks later...
actually none of the Carnival ships have "adult only" pools , there is an aft pool that has wayyy less children in it most of the time but children are allowed in it. The only Adult only area is the Serenity deck that only has two hot tubs.

Some of the Royal Caribbean ships have adult only pools. Not sure about other cruise lines.

We enjoyed the serenity deck and adult pools on the Liberty, Pride, and thought the Sunshine although it had a waterfall was way toooo small.