Behind The Scenes tour?

My mom and I want to take the behind-the-scenes tour. She missed out on it when they were on their last cruise and were really jealous of all the folks who did take it, so she said, "if nothing else, that's what I want to do". The RCCL FAQ states that you can reserve that through the cruise planner. However, on my cruise planner, all I see for "onboard experiences" is the Barbie Experience. Does anybody know the best way to go about making sure we get on the tour? Thanks!

My mom and I want to take the behind-the-scenes tour. She missed out on it when they were on their last cruise and were really jealous of all the folks who did take it, so she said, "if nothing else, that's what I want to do". The RCCL FAQ states that you can reserve that through the cruise planner. However, on my cruise planner, all I see for "onboard experiences" is the Barbie Experience. Does anybody know the best way to go about making sure we get on the tour? Thanks!

If it's not listed in the Cruise Planner, then visit Guest Services on day 1. They should be able to put you on the tour.

Commenting on something you probably already know.

I haven't gone (yet), but understand some tours require you to wear long pants and closed toe shoes. This is per some reviews (may depend on the ship; mentioning so there is no disappointment later since your mother is really looking forward to it) I just did a galley tour, and was able to get away with flip flops even though the invitation said closed toe shoes (told "be careful"), but I wouldn't assume more extensive tours would be so lenient.

Not only do you need the closed-toe shoes and pants, but also be prepared to go up and down lots of stairs, some of them steep, as you are using the crew stairways for the most part. Also, the Oasis tour lasted over three hours for us, although one person did leave early. On the tour, they really did take time to explain how a lot of things either worked, or how they did things. It was really worth it.

We took the All Access Tour on the Allure recently. They were very strict about long pants as well as closed toed shoes. They actually turned a woman away for wearing capris and sandals. It was definitely worth it. We signed up before boarding in our cruise planner.

Not only do you need the closed-toe shoes and pants, but also be prepared to go up and down lots of stairs, some of them steep, as you are using the crew stairways for the most part. Also, the Oasis tour lasted over three hours for us, although one person did leave early. On the tour, they really did take time to explain how a lot of things either worked, or how they did things. It was really worth it.

We did it last year an ALLURE,it was great.

We booked after arriving on the ship at guest service.

Be prepared for two security checks during the tour ( before machine room and bridge).

And yes - you need long pants and closed shoes, and you need fitness for the stairs.

Edited by elvismeggi