Has anyone been on the BOSS Tour?

BEFdoc

Afternoon!

I went on this a few years back and loved it. I plan on going again with some different folks this time.

Basically you get on a boat and head out to some decent snorkeling areas. The captain and his crew are really accommodating and charismatic, they were able to put even the more claustrophobic folks at ease.

They break you into groups and let you snorkel around while you're on the wait list for the BOSS machines. Really nice views.

The BOSS itself I thought I was going to have an issue with. I'm a rather buoyant individual (read: large and fluffy) but I was able to get in with no issues on the first try. You get to motor around underwater and see some fantastic views (I think our tour was a shipwreck) the crew takes photos with your camera or they will sell you an underwater camera for some ridiculous price.

It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to go back.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Afternoon!

I went on this a few years back and loved it. I plan on going again with some different folks this time.

Basically you get on a boat and head out to some decent snorkeling areas. The captain and his crew are really accommodating and charismatic, they were able to put even the more claustrophobic folks at ease.

They break you into groups and let you snorkel around while you're on the wait list for the BOSS machines. Really nice views.

The BOSS itself I thought I was going to have an issue with. I'm a rather buoyant individual (read: large and fluffy) but I was able to get in with no issues on the first try. You get to motor around underwater and see some fantastic views (I think our tour was a shipwreck) the crew takes photos with your camera or they will sell you an underwater camera for some ridiculous price.

It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to go back.

Hope this helps

Thanks Mike,

great description and sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sold.

Happy Cruzin

B

Sorry for the late reply to the second round of questions.

Yes we were able to take some photos with our own camera, the divers with us would also offer to take our pics with our own cameras for free. Some neat coral and sea life. Probably not as much as Scuba.

Considering I'm one of those Beef & Corn fed Southern boys, I'm a bit too big right now to get certified for Scuba. I blame High School football :) (and of course the fact that I still eat like I'm doing 2 a days haha)

• 2 months later...
Hi Cruisers,

was thinking of booking the BOSS underwater tour. Has anyone done this tour and what can we expect?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Just back from our cruise and we took the BOSS tour. It was very interesting and I was very happy I did it but would not do it again. Much better for me just snorkeling around. Underwater time was pretty limited with 3 groups scheduled on our boat. Visibility wasn't great and difficult to see the bottom though it was sunny up top. Very little variety in the fish that were attracted by the fish food being tossed around. I was in the 1st group and when done you are able to snorkel around the boat while the other groups take their turn. I don't believe your head is below 15 feet down and you don't go up and down from surface to bottom. Buoy on top keeps the scooter upright and limits the depth. One person in the 2nd group had a medical issue and was pulled out and taken on board. She was given oxygen and put in the cabin area to lay down. Never found out what the issue was. Captain sounded the alarm to the rest of the crew and us snorkeling and called us back onto the boat. Equipment was pulled in and we sped back to the docks to meet an ambulance. Crew was very professional during the entire tour. 3rd group that was scheduled were to be refunded their excursion fares. Later saw the woman's husband taking their belongings off the ship so it must have been a serious issue to keep her in the hospital.