Getting started with Camp Carnival

MaiTaiMary

How do things work with Carnival on the first day(s)?

My husband completed some kind of registration online, but that sounds like it was medical history, food allergies, etc. Is this is registration people are referring to or do I make other reservations?

What happens on the first evening? This is just a "meet and greet" with the families, but we don't drop off the kids? What time is this usually?

Then on the following day, they open at 9:00am?

Thanks. :)

All activities the first day require parents in attendance, and there are several blocks during the week where parents are required. We always go to the dance party the first evening, it's usually in the adult nightclub and pretty fun for the kids outside of the camp room. Drop off starts the next day. You should get a schedule from the camp director as you board for the first few hours. enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We most recently used Camp Carnival on our 8/3 sailing on Freedom. When completing our boarding info, I filled out the info online that you are describing. I believe that you only had to print out the form if your child has some type of allergy, medical concerns, or other special needs. We did not print anything and were good to go with just the online registration.

On boarding day Camp Carnival ( well, it's Camp Ocean now on Freedom) was open for tours and registration but not for drop-offs. There is a family orientation the first evening during which you can also complete registration, be introduced to the staff, and hear about the programming. We attended this on Splendor but found it pretty useless, so skipped it on Freedom. Camp was open for drop off beginning the first full day and starting at 10am. In our experience the first day drop off can be somewhat chaotic as they don't seem to have separate lines for those who have pre registered...but getting there about 10 minutes early at least put us near the front of the melee. 😀

Make sure that you have your Sign &Sail cards for you and the kids when doing pick up and drop off... They will not take them nor release them without seeing the cards. Unless the kids are age 9 or older, at which point they may sign themselves in and out of Camp.

Yes, the online registration is just to "pre-register" and get all of thier information online. It saves you from having to do it onboard.

Your campers will each get a bracelet (at least for the younger years they do this, assuming with all) letting them know that they are part of camp carnival. The orientation and talking with the counselors may be helpful if you have any questions. We went to the family party night on the first night and it really helped our son be with us, and get to know some of the counselors and kids. On our last cruise, right after the party they opened up camp on the first night. I think that I read that is up to the counselors on board.

The 10pm-1am is open on the first night if I remember correctly for a fee. We will be on the Glory in 3 weeks. I plan on trying to bring back all that I can to help others out as I have gained so much from folks on these boards!

Kim