Carnival Breeze, Toddler Style!

Sunkissed Mommy

I am a soon to be 65 year old grammy of a 12 year old and I love this review. Great to see such caring, loving parenting. You are raising him right and I loved your comment about son having to learn manners and mine as well be now instead of later..excellent!

Love the review! We are taking our 2 year old on his 3rd cruise in March and will be on the Breeze!!

Do you have any more pics of Camp Carnival? We are specifically wondering about how many windows there are - for our 8 year olds sake. She got really claustrophobic on the legend because it was so dark and felt closed in.

Also, I would love the link to where I can find those hooks...we would love some privacy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love the review! We are taking our 2 year old on his 3rd cruise in March and will be on the Breeze!!

Do you have any more pics of Camp Carnival? We are specifically wondering about how many windows there are - for our 8 year olds sake. She got really claustrophobic on the legend because it was so dark and felt closed in.

Also, I would love the link to where I can find those hooks...we would love some privacy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I ordered the hooks today from Walmart... They are The Learning Source Magnetic Hooks... ;) Hope that helps...

Oh gosh, I haven't been on cruise critic in a while! Sorry to have neglected the questions. We moved and the turmoil of packing and unpacking combined with staying with family until closing on the new house took away all of my spare time!

Camp Carnival had a lot of windows. One whole wall is lined with them. Here are some photos-

IMG_5495_zps49e76952.jpg

IMG_5490_zps04fabad3.jpg

IMG_5488-Copy_zps4d2b3f57.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thank you so much for this VERY helpful review. I'm trying to convince my DW that we can cruise with our son and still have a great time. He will be 16 months when we are looking to cruise, so I'm definitely going to steal these ideas.

We were on the Breeze in April with my 19 month old grandson. German in the dining room was great with him. Whenever he would get fussy, German was right there talking to him, making balloons with faces to knock back and forth with him, took him out and danced with him when the music started playing...it was great.

Our daughter will be 14 months when we go on the Breeze in October. We are doing the 8 day cruise, not the 6. I know our ports will be different from yours, but just wondering what types of things you did with your son in the ports you visited?

We are fortunately traveling with a large group including "Gram", so if we want to sneak away for a bit, we'll have someone to watch our little one. We were thinking of finding one port where we'd like to do a more adult geared, adventure-type excursion and leave DD with Gram for a few hours. But the rest of the ports, we'll all be together.

I did find a taxi operator in Aruba that has a child seat available. He also does island tours. So we may do that. But other than beach days and just wandering around port - not sure what else to do with the little lady! Did you travel with a car seat? What did you do as far as any shuttle or taxi needs (airport to Port of Miami or hotel, island travels, etc.).

I have already requested a crib through my PVP. We were going to bring the Pack N Play...but she's already almost getting too big for it and we didn't want to lug another thing around. We will definitely use the shower curtain tip though. We did get a balcony so we'd have a place to hang out while she was napping.

Thanks again for posting this!

Misty