Why book the next cruise while sailing?

Salty711

What are the benefits of booking our next Carnival cruise while we are sailing? We want to book a 5 day cruise for 5 people. How likely is it that rates will change in the next 5 weeks when we sail? We like the rates we are seeing now. Thoughts?

I can't comment on the rate change as I am not a psychic but I do know that you will get OBC (amount varies by length of cruise) for booking while on board. Also you will be given one or two vouchers for friends/family to use to book the same cruise and also get the OBC as you do.

If you know you are sailing again the bonus is the OBC. I got $100 for a 7 day cruise. Helps if you know which sailing you want. Actually price even was good for the sailing I'm going on next year.

As for the rate, they are right no way to say, but up until sailing you can get any reductions if it does go up. Always a chance. So far mine hasn't gone down, but that was because I just happened to catch it at a low rate. Still hoping for a reduction before the sailing in January but if not happy with the rate I booked and OBC just a extra plus.

Also two vouchers for friends and family if they book another cabin on the same sailing for the same amount of OBC.

Edited by dolfndreams

If you know you are sailing again the bonus is the OBC. I got $100 for a 7 day cruise. Helps if you know which sailing you want. Actually price even was good for the sailing I'm going on next year.

As for the rate, they are right no way to say, but up until sailing you can get any reductions if it does go up.[B]

Also two vouchers for friends and family if they book another cabin on the same sailing for the same amount of OBC.

Price drop up until sailing is only if you book Early Saver. If not, price drops would be up till final payment date.

If you use the vouchers for friends and families, they must book the same cruise within 60 days of the date on the voucher.

Edited by Sparky2

We booked on board to get the OBC ($100 for 7 day) and just picked a potential cruise in Nov. We just made sure it was a completely refundable rate.

We then figured out when our friends could sail with us, changed to that sailing (diff ship and sailing in Oct) and OBC stayed with booking. Also got an Early Saver rate on the new booking, to allow us to enjoy price drops (which we just got $210 today on the current best price -past guest rate).

Play all the angles. My PVP calls me a fisherman, cause I'm "angling" all the time

GP

I hope they don't catch on and start dropping the OBC if you switch cruises. It'd make things easier on me if they'd just bring back the FCV's.