19-Night Swiss Splendors - Island Princess 2015

CarolRoy

Anyone planning on doing or have done the Princess SWISS SPLENDORS cruise tour. We are looking at the cruise tour 4A 19-night from Zurich to Barcelona. Not sure of any dates yet. Let me know if you are planning this cruisetour. Our dates are flexible.

You should reread the ops posting. They said cruise tour, which means

cruise and land tour. Sorry, op you should go to your roll call for the

cruise and post on it. Surely someone will we on it. Have a great

land and cruise tour.

OP has not booked yet, so there is not a selected roll call to join.

You should reread the ops posting. They said cruise tour, which means

cruise and land tour. Sorry, op you should go to your roll call for the

cruise and post on it. Surely someone will we on it. Have a great

land and cruise tour.

You should reread the ops posting.

They are looking at it, but not booked and are after information from others who may have booked or already done the tour.

I saw the thread title "Swiss Splendors" and thought it was a joke. You know - Switzerland, landlocked, no ports....

OK, sorry. Back to lurking.

Although, if there's a "Paraguay Explorer" - I'm in! :)

oooh, but we do have ports, mainly on the lakes for lake and river cruises. Just none that are available to ocean going ships :)

oooh, but we do have ports, mainly on the lakes for lake and river cruises. Just none that are available to ocean going ships :)

For sure. Absolutely no disrespect intended :)

Faced with the dilemma of choosing between a week aboard a favorite Princess ship, or a week's hiking in and around Muerren, for example, I'm not sure which I'd pick.

For sure. Absolutely no disrespect intended :)

Faced with the dilemma of choosing between a week aboard a favorite Princess ship, or a week's hiking in and around Muerren, for example, I'm not sure which I'd pick.

That is certainly a dilemma. But as i can hike through the mountains whenever I want, it would be the cruise for me if I had to choose.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.

Anyone planning on doing or have done the Princess SWISS SPLENDORS cruise tour. We are looking at the cruise tour 4A 19-night from Zurich to Barcelona. Not sure of any dates yet. Let me know if you are planning this cruisetour. Our dates are flexible.

DH and I did this tour in 09/13 and LOVED it. When we went, it was so popular that they broke it into two groups. We were in the group that stayed in Grindelwald instead of Interlaken. (Not sure if they're doing that this year)

It was fantastic. The scenery is beautiful, to say the least. The towns and cities are lovely. There were 3 boat rides that were just phenomenal. Lake Lugano, where our group went up the coast for lunch at a charming lakeside restaurant, Lake Como to Bellagio for a 2 or 3 hour visit and a Lake Lucerne cruise (optional). The views from the Jungfraujoch (11,333 feet) were amazing and you don't have to stay the whole time if your uncomfortable. The trains back run quite frequently.

The hotels were very good and we had a GREAT Tour Guide.

Not to mention, what more can be said for sailing out of Venice?

We've taken several Princess pre-cruise tours and have enjoyed all of them. They use Globus as the Tour Operator, so that will give you a good idea / guide as to the quality of the hotels and food.

We will be taking that cruise tour starting on 10/10/14 connecting with the Regal Maiden TA in Venice on 10/17. We are looking forward to Switzerland and pray for good weather, especially when we travel to Jungfraujoch. Princess is going to use Kuoni Travel for the tour. Only know what has been said on the Internet, but they seem to get good marks.

Good luck with your decision.

OP here. Thanks for the info Tuscan & theZsatsea. We had wanted to tour Switzerland so this cruisetour sounds pretty good. Flying to Europe is so expensive, that we thought we would combine a land vacation with a cruise. We have been to the Mediteranean a few years ago (Barcelona to Venice) and wanted to do it again but with ports in Greece. This cruisetour will fit our bill. But then again, if we can find a good land tour company, we would consider a land vacation. Not sure what time of the year to go.

Next week we will be on an Alaska cruisetour with Princess. So we will see how that works out for us.

DH and I did this tour in 09/13 and LOVED it. When we went, it was so popular that they broke it into two groups. We were in the group that stayed in Grindelwald instead of Interlaken. (Not sure if they're doing that this year)

It was fantastic. The scenery is beautiful, to say the least. The towns and cities are lovely. There were 3 boat rides that were just phenomenal. Lake Lugano, where our group went up the coast for lunch at a charming lakeside restaurant, Lake Como to Bellagio for a 2 or 3 hour visit and a Lake Lucerne cruise (optional). The views from the Jungfraujoch (11,333 feet) were amazing and you don't have to stay the whole time if your uncomfortable. The trains back run quite frequently.

The hotels were very good and we had a GREAT Tour Guide.

Not to mention, what more can be said for sailing out of Venice?

We've taken several Princess pre-cruise tours and have enjoyed all of them. They use Globus as the Tour Operator, so that will give you a good idea / guide as to the quality of the hotels and food.

This is all the advise you need. Ignore all of the above.