Is your cabin type/area that important to you?

aaron3219

its another weird thing of mine. i feel better on that side. being on port side just doesnt feel "right". and that also goes with starboard side having odd numbers. as i said in my PP, a cabin number that ends in a 5 is a must.

i really cant explain why. :o

We prefer the starboard side as well. On our last cruise we booked a port side suite. That really felt weird!

On our next two cruises, we have suites booked on the starboard side of the ship. If it doesn't feel right . . . then it's wrong! :p

Edited by JimAOk1945

I see a lot of posts on here people asking/complaining/ or having to have a certain cabin.

Is it that important to you?

Personally if I am on the ship I am happy. I sleep in the cabin and shower. I don't really care what the cabin is.

Yes, it is important to us. We have discovered, through experience in smaller staterooms, that we enjoy being in a suite. We spend a fair amount of time in our room and on our balcony and enjoy every minute of it.

For me it comes down to the value and the destination. If there is a minimal price difference between an inside and a balcony, I'll take the balcony. Otherwise, it comes down to the itinerary. I am fine to have an inside cabin while in the Caribbean. We have done it so many times and there is nothing special to be seen. We also spend the entire day outside, so the time in the cabin is minimal. When we did our Panama Canal cruise, or Alaska, the balcony was a must. Going through the canal started at 4am, and I am happy I did not have to drag my tired *** to the Lido deck. In Alaska I spent more time on the balcony than other of my cruises. I could not absorb enough of the view!

Given the choice, I would avoid the front of the ship, and any cabin which is directly above or below a public space. My upcoming cruise is a Guar balcony. Keeping my fingers crossed on the cabin assignment! I had planned on the cheapest guaranteed inside, but decided to treat myself to a birthday balcony at the last minute :)

Yes, it is.

I prefer balcony cabins because it's a nice place to relax in the morning, and before bed...without whatever may be going on in the main deck areas. It's a nice perk.

I like choosing a floor that is between two floors of cabins, so I am not directly below the Lido deck, or directly above the atrium/dining rooms/bars/etc.

We like to have coffee on the balcony when pulling in to port. Also, like to have a glass of wine while I read out there before going to bed.