hints tips and secrets, about independence of the seas

poe17

Very Helpful Information-thanks to All! So, you do not need to pre-book any shows or the Ice Show on the Indy? This was a bit of a pain on Oasis, but worth it. First time on the Indy next year.

Here is a sample of our cruise compass from March. You can see the instructions to get ice show tickets under "Important things to know today". The tickets were handed out on day 2. Enjoy planning!

13IOSCompass21_zps4b5e3373.jpeg

I know it used to be a UK ship and that meant "no", but now that it is US based, does it have the freestyle Coke machines or are there plans to add them before next summer?

No Freestyle machines on Indy, and Royal has not made public any plans for additional Freestyle machines.

If you are asking if the helipad is handicapped accessible, it is not. There is a short flight of stairs that must be climbed.

If you are asking if the helipad is generally open to all guests, it is, except when they consider the weather to dangerous.

Thank you - when I reread my post I realized I should have worded it differently - however some of our fellow travelers may be in a wheelchair and they would need this clarified as well.

I will so enjoy standing at the front if we are allowed. The view is always incredible.

Thanks again and happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

We returned yesterday from IOS's cruise to the Spanish Med. It really is a lovely, very large, ship.

We too found the Helipad at the front of a Deck 4, it was fantastic to look at the stars at night, and has several well placed benches on sunny Sea days when sun loungers had already been reserved.

Olive and Twist on deck 14 has great views over the ship's upper decks, and we spent hours in the card room and piano room next door playing cards on sea days.

The adult Solarium on deck 11 has some great sun loungers, and just past this, at the back in the corner some swing seats.

Arrive early if you definitely don't want to miss a show or quiz.

The Ice Shows were brilliant.

Keep your Cruise Compass to hand and plan your evening/day.

We enjoyed watching Karaoke at On Air, deck 3, and have a sing to yourselves in the free private booth while you're down there.

Enjoy your holiday :)

We returned yesterday from IOS's cruise to the Spanish Med. It really is a lovely, very large, ship.

We too found the Helipad at the front of a Deck 4, it was fantastic to look at the stars at night, and has several well placed benches on sunny Sea days when sun loungers had already been reserved.

Olive and Twist on deck 14 has great views over the ship's upper decks, and we spent hours in the card room and piano room next door playing cards on sea days.

The adult Solarium on deck 11 has some great sun loungers, and just past this, at the back in the corner some swing seats.

Arrive early if you definitely don't want to miss a show or quiz.

The Ice Shows were brilliant.

Keep your Cruise Compass to hand and plan your evening/day.

We enjoyed watching Karaoke at On Air, deck 3, and have a sing to yourselves in the free private booth while you're down there.

Enjoy your holiday :)

Why plan. Just go with the flow. One is on Holiday.

• 3 months later...
There is no secret inside info that is withheld from the public.

I don't understand why people ask this question frequently.

Late to the conversation, but I just found this thread as I'm doing my pre-cruise 'binge research' prior to my 1/3 IOS.

FWIW, this is a valid question. Each ship has things that are unique to the design and that are not widely known. Examples:

• Voyager-class has peakaboo bridge and helipad that many people either don't know about or can't easily determine how to access.
  • RCL Epic has a 'hidden stairwell' (Port, Aft) with a landing that is the perfect area to watch the "running of the drunks" and sailaway.