hints tips and secrets, about independence of the seas

poe17

Hi,

Was wandering if anyone could help, we are cursing very shortly aboard the beautiful independence of the seas, we have never travelled with royal Caribbean before, an would love to hear about hints tips an secrets you may know, advanced thankyou

There is no secret inside info that is withheld from the public.

I don't understand why people ask this question frequently.

If you want to learn about the Independence, read some of the member reviews about the ship on this website.

Otherwise explore the ship and read the daily cruise compass.

Find a bar you like schooner is always good with music

Get in early for shows if you want a reasonable seat and reserve shows in advance also

Enjoy an eRly morning sail in to port on deck on the helipad most only go for sail outs and coming can be wonderful up there

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to learn about the Independence, read some of the member reviews about the ship on this website.

I think what people are saying is tell us what your favourite things to do are and what your favourite experiences are. So that they can get a heads up on what to do, seek out and find. They could read reviews but CC is all about asking specific questions and learning off others - valid don't you think ??

I'm sure they don't think there are 'hidden secrets'. I'm sure that's a metaphor.

I think its good and valid to ask this question to get other cruisers ideas, thoughts and views on a range of things.

Happy Cruising :-)

Hi,

Was wandering if anyone could help, we are cursing very shortly aboard the beautiful independence of the seas, we have never travelled with royal Caribbean before, an would love to hear about hints tips an secrets you may know, advanced thankyou

There are many tips with pictures in my review that you can find here... Click on the link below. Enjoy your cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014636

Could you be a little less harsh?? No need for this type of reply. Not everyone has the time to read threads all day, or the ability to "walk" all over the ship.

Please be courteous to others...:rolleyes:

Hi,

Watch yourself...excessive foul language is against the guest conduct policy.

I am also taking my first RCI cruise on the IOS in October. I had seen photos of the helipad out front and was hoping we would be able to get there too!

Thanks for the information - Lisbon would be the perfect port to get up early and stand out front - going under the bridge is an awesome experience.

Ciao,

MeaC

I am also taking my first RCI cruise on the IOS in October. I had seen photos of the helipad out front and was hoping we would be able to get there too!

Thanks for the information - Lisbon would be the perfect port to get up early and stand out front - going under the bridge is an awesome experience.

Ciao,

MeaC

If you are asking if the helipad is handicapped accessible, it is not. There is a short flight of stairs that must be climbed.

If you are asking if the helipad is generally open to all guests, it is, except when they consider the weather to dangerous.

Could you be a little less harsh?? No need for this type of reply. Not everyone has the time to read threads all day, or the ability to "walk" all over the ship.

Please be courteous to others...:rolleyes:

I was not harsh or discourteous at all.

You are just too sensitive.

It is not that hard to read a few reviews if you want good info.

Sure it takes some work, but it is a little more satisfying than sitting back having everyone else "tell you all about" the ship.

And like someone else said, the best way to learn the ship is to explore it on your own......

Sure it takes some work, but it is a little more satisfying than sitting back having everyone else "tell you all about" the ship.

And like someone else said, the best way to learn the ship is to explore it on your own......

You were harsh and discourteous

I felt you were very harsh an discourteous, an nasty as well, there is no need for this, don't comment if you can only be nasty, but thankful everyone else who were so helpful, I have been very busy an haven't had time to do much research and have only sailed with princess before, it's nice to have kind people rreply with helpful comments x

I felt you were very harsh an discourteous, an nasty as well, there is no need for this, don't comment if you can only be nasty, but thankful everyone else who were so helpful, I have been very busy an haven't had time to do much research and have only sailed with princess before, it's nice to have kind people rreply with helpful comments x

Well said !!!

Find a bar you like schooner is always good with music

Get in early for shows if you want a reasonable seat and reserve shows in advance also

Enjoy an eRly morning sail in to port on deck on the helipad most only go for sail outs and coming can be wonderful up there

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You do not have to make show reservations in advance on Indy, unless that has changed since we were on her last Fall. The Ice shows do require you pick up tickets the morning of the shows on a first come/first served basis but otherwise, none of the entertainment requires reservations.

Just wander the ship...you will find quiet areas, party places...and you'll have the thrill of discovery!

Agree nice areas to wander and relax. Love sitting outside of the Dog and Badger pub and people watch.

Up in the Viking lounge is a great place to sit and watch the scenery and the Ocean. You can also sit in a nice comfy chair at the Library and watch the antics of the Promenade below.

Edited by Folk Singer

Well we'll soon be leaving for our 8th cruise on Indy in a few weeks and we've never found our way to the Helipad so a huge thanks for that information :)

As somebody previously said, the ice show tickets are collected from the Royal Promenade on date and time shown in the Cruise Compass (daily sheet) but if you're not particularly bothered about what date and time you see the shows then you can pick up tickets from the Guest Relations counter later in the day and save queuing. Seating for the ice shows is also on a first come/first served basis.

Gill

Matj2000... I don't think I would have found the helipad without instructions I found here on CC. After all, it took me until our 3rd Freedom class cruise to even think about the helipad (After reading it here).

So, these types of posts from the OP are perfectly appropriate.

Very Helpful Information-thanks to All! So, you do not need to pre-book any shows or the Ice Show on the Indy? This was a bit of a pain on Oasis, but worth it. First time on the Indy next year.

Not only do you not need to book shows ahead of time for Indy, it's not possible to do it. Once on board, you will be notified as to the ice show ticket distribution process.