Dress code on river cruises

drewlin

HugandPug;

On our Viking Long Boat Cruise last week, the sun deck was closed almost the entire trip. The crew allowed smoking on the small third level portal where one walks out the doors to depart the ship or to take the stairs up to the top sun deck.

Hope that helps!

It does thank you, it gives us hope. Although when we are normally cruising we spend as much time as possible out doors regardless of the weather, somehow that's the reason to cruise, being in fresh air not behind glass. We are wondering if we have done the right thing, we stay up late on holiday because we are very early risers normally, breaks the routine and although it's advertised as relaxed, it's looking very regimented in many ways. Our lives are very regimented as it is, we need less not more. Oh Dear!

Thanks again

Yvonne

Many thanks to Ash and Leslie for this review, bookmarked ;)

http://www.amsterdamtobudapest.com/

We are hopefully going on our first river cruise on Emerald or any river line, next April.

I am about to ask a contentious question but would appreciate an answer if anyone knows.

Where do people who want a cigarette go when the top deck 'allowed' area is closed?

Many thanks

Yvonne

Yvonne,

Perhaps you will get more information that will help you if you start a new thread. This thread is about the dress code. Good luck with your decision.

Yvonne,

Perhaps you will get more information that will help you if you start a new thread. This thread is about the dress code. Good luck with your decision.

ooops sorry, your right, I have hijacked the thread, it was the only one I found that mentioned Emerald cruises in the search. It's those darn rules I am hopeless with ;)

Sorry again :o

Yvonne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all we are back from our river cruise on board Emerald Star. We had a wonderful time and can thoroughly recommend it. The dress code is informal and very relaxed. I took some black palazzo pants and wore different tops each night glammed up with jewellery on captains cocktail night. I have written a blog but unfortunately it is on another site but I am happy to answer any questions about the ship or cruise.