Expected Wait Time - Shared Transfer From FCO to Rome Hotel?

LEtue

I am considering a shared transfer from FCO to the Albergo Cesari. I am arriving a day ahead of my friend and the solo pricing for a private transfer is pricey.

What should I expect for wait time before departing the airport? I am assuming that with all the flights arriving overnight that they fill the pre-booked 8 spots easily and my flight arrival time is 9:10AM. Is that reasonable to assume? Or do I need to expect to wait for them to fill the van with later flights (with possible delays).

I know it is impossible to know for sure but can anyone share their experience? It would be great to hear from someone who does this often so I know what I might experience. They must provide a good level of customer service to stay in business but......

Thanks in advance!

I am considering a shared transfer from FCO to the Albergo Cesari. I am arriving a day ahead of my friend and the solo pricing for a private transfer is pricey.

What should I expect for wait time before departing the airport? I am assuming that with all the flights arriving overnight that they fill the pre-booked 8 spots easily and my flight arrival time is 9:10AM. Is that reasonable to assume? Or do I need to expect to wait for them to fill the van with later flights (with possible delays).

I know it is impossible to know for sure but can anyone share their experience? It would be great to hear from someone who does this often so I know what I might experience. They must provide a good level of customer service to stay in business but......

Thanks in advance!

I saw your previous question on this topic addressed to me but I didn't know how to answer because I haven't used the shared shuttle from the airport, only from a hotel in Rome to Civitavecchia.

However, on the Rome to Civitavecchia run, they don't necessarily fill the entire van. There were 5 passengers when I used it, and my parents reported four people (themselves and another couple) when they did the same.

I would guess that at the airport they would only wait a certain amount of time (maybe for a couple of close-arriving flights), but not for ages. However, I would suggest you ask them the question directly via email.

How much is the shuttle transfer?

I saw your previous question on this topic addressed to me but I didn't know how to answer because I haven't used the shared shuttle from the airport, only from a hotel in Rome to Civitavecchia.

However, on the Rome to Civitavecchia run, they don't necessarily fill the entire van. There were 5 passengers when I used it, and my parents reported four people (themselves and another couple) when they did the same.

I would guess that at the airport they would only wait a certain amount of time (maybe for a couple of close-arriving flights), but not for ages. However, I would suggest you ask them the question directly via email.

How much is the shuttle transfer?

The shared transfer is running between $38 and $47 instead of $66 for the private transfer. Not sure I want to wait around too long though or have to look for the driver. I am reading mixed reviews.

The shared transfer to the port is a good option for the 4 of us from our thread that will be traveling together. If it takes a bit longer to get to the ship it isn't really a problem. And as you mentioned they might not make additional stops. I am going to pass the information along to the others.

Thanks for the info it is always appreciated :)