Pre-Cruise Night at Fairmont Olympic in Seattle

missmishka

Good Morning All: HAL has us confirmed at the Fairmont Olympic Seattle for a complimentary night prior to our September 13th Westerdam cruise to Alaska. A Trip Advisor review was posted describing the service the poster received - transfer from the airport to the hotel, a lovely deluxe king room, breakfast, luggage handling the morning of the cruise (hotel bell staff transferred their luggage from their room to the bus), cruise check-in at the hotel, and of course transfer from the hotel to the ship. My question is - is this standard service even for passengers who receive a complimentary night, or just for passengers who have purchased a pre-cruise package from HAL?

Thanks!

Good Morning All: HAL has us confirmed at the Fairmont Olympic Seattle for a complimentary night prior to our September 13th Westerdam cruise to Alaska. A Trip Advisor review was posted describing the service the poster received - transfer from the airport to the hotel, a lovely deluxe king room, breakfast, luggage handling the morning of the cruise (hotel bell staff transferred their luggage from their room to the bus), cruise check-in at the hotel, and of course transfer from the hotel to the ship. My question is - is this standard service even for passengers who receive a complimentary night, or just for passengers who have purchased a pre-cruise package from HAL?

Thanks!

We had the complimentary 1 night precruise stay at the Fairmont in Seattle in 2009. It included transporatation to the hotel from the airport. Also baggage handling from your room to the bus and transportation to the ship from the hotel. There was a HAL rep in the baggage claim area who will help you. It did not include a deluxe king room. We had a small room with twin beds and it was just fine. Also, we did not receive a complimentary breakfast. However, things may have changed in the past 5 years. If the breakfast is not included, don't worry, there is a Starbucks across the street if you don't want to pay the price of hotel breakfast. There are also several eateries nearby.

Diane

Edited by legalslave

Even the ship check-in at the hotel??? That would be wonderful :)

To be honest, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will come along with that answer.

I could tell you later on in September but we'll be cruising after you......

Edited by PathfinderEss

The Olympic is a lovely hotel and I have stayed there lots. But it is an old building and the bedroom sizes are all over the place. Please don't set your heart on a large king size room because you might be a bit disappointed. You might have a very small room with a king size bed!

Thanks!

How did you find this review on Tripadvisor? I'd like to read it. We're going next week and our papers say nothing about breakfast being included, or cruise check-in at the hotel.

How did you find this review on Tripadvisor? I'd like to read it. We're going next week and our papers say nothing about breakfast being included, or cruise check-in at the hotel.

I googled Holland America + Fairmont Olympic. I think the post was early June.

Sorry - it was a July review. They stayed there July 4th.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thanks! I think I found the right one, but there was no mention of breakfast. We received the free night, and we are purchasing one night(at a HAL reduced rate), but I don't know if that is considered a "pre-cruise package".

Confused here. We stayed at the airport Fairmont in Vancouver as part of a HAL Alaska package. If it's part of a package, is it really complimentary or just part of the package? Our package was one sold by a national travel agency....our first cruise...and the last one we paid top dollar for.

Sounds like a nice hotel in any case.

Enjoy your cruise.

Confused here. We stayed at the airport Fairmont in Vancouver as part of a HAL Alaska package. If it's part of a package, is it really complimentary or just part of the package? Our package was one sold by a national travel agency....our first cruise...and the last one we paid top dollar for.

Sounds like a nice hotel in any case.

Enjoy your cruise.

Our hotel night is complimentary and NOT part of a package. It's a promotion for Alaska cruises on certain ships and itineraries out of Seattle and (I believe) Vancouver in 2014. Other passengers may have purchased pre or post cruise packages which include hotel nights.

This is our second cruise to Alaska - really looking forward to it!