Holiday Inn Miami Intl Airport?

mmacdcc

Anybody have any opinion? Their website says they have a free shuttle from the airport AND to the cruiseport, restaurants close by and one on-site.

Address is 1111 SO ROYAL POINCIANA BLVD, supposedly 1/2 mi from the airport.

Good area, so-so area? Walking distance to shopping (supermarket, Walmart, etc - in case of last minute things).

Rate is great -- $110/night (plus taxes) AAA rate.

We've never gone out of Miami, so I've got no clue as to what the area's like. I've checked the threads on hotels, and the ones most recommended are either WAY too much for me or not available when I need it.

I stayed there this past April. We had 3 rooms. I thought it was very good. The rooms were dated, but clean. Service was very good. We arrived at the airport at various times, the latest at 11:30 pm, so we kept the shuttle busy. We signed up for morning shuttle to get to the port. This gave the an idea how many to expect. The area is ok. We did go out to a local restaurant. I didn't notice many restaurants around. I didn't see any kind of store for those last minute pick-up items. I wouldn't give it a second thought staying again.

Put in a search here. Check out www.tripadvisor.com You can get reviews there.

Hello

We stayed there pre-Explorer in 2003. Nothing fancy, but okay area. Not too sure about the shopping though. Sidenote and funny story...my daughter and I (she was 5) had come from Disney and were washing and repacking for cruise and to meet hubby at ship. That night we went to laundry room (in our pj's) and she hit wrong elevator button and we opened to A PACKED NIGHTCLUB on the top floor. Funny now, notsomuch then. People at front desk were WONDERFUL and so was shuttle driver.

Michelle

hope it helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed there pre-cruise for two cruises (most recently in January) and have a reservation again in November. It isn't fancy but is clean and the free shuttle is great. The pool is an outdoor pool, but was nice last time I was there. There is a restaurant/bar that is pretty lively at night and where you can have a leisurely breakfast the morning of the cruise (as if we NEED to eat before we get there!) :)

There really isn't anything very close by you could walk to but I'm sure you could get a taxi to buy some last minute supplies if you need to. There used to be a wonderful little Cuban restaurant within walking distance but it has since closed.

For the price, I think it is just fine. :)

If you've never cruised out of Miami, you may want to stay downtown and see Bayside and Biscayne Bay. For the price you are paying, you probably could get a room cheaper on Priceline (downtown) or the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Bayside is a lot of fun and has many shops and restaurants plus it's right on Biscayne Bay where you can see the ships. I believe there is a continental breakfast at the Holiday Inn but you can go to Bayside and get anything from coffee to a full breakfast for not a lot of money. There is a large foodcourt as well. Much better than staying at the airport! If you pay full price for hotels in Miami, they are expensive especially in South Beach.

Any questions, just ask!

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What has been posted already on several threads is about it... It's a very old basic Holiday Inn. It's not in a very good neighborhood and there's nothing within walking distance except a Burger King... There are far better places to stay than at that old place.

If you're on a tight budget go for the Holiday Inn downtown/Port of Miami, or the downtown Miami Marriott Courtyard.

Archived