I got the Upsell call. Deal or no deal?

Annietoo

Thanks everyone for helping with my decision. We took the deal and cannot wait to enjoy our aft facing cabin. Our overall price was still low for a 16 day balcony and appreciate that carnival called us as repeat customers. Apparently they needed to free up some sold out inside rooms. All ocean views sold out too. The rep said we could pick any balcony room and I noticed this extended aft view and needed your opinion. I know we will enjoy the fresh air and view and especially the Hawaiian Islands.

Those are very stable well built ships..Cunard uses the hull design. Yes sometimes you get movement... but I just think most find ok. If you can afford..which was my only thing..so glad you did it..where ever you are..you miss without the window and i am ok with inside..better than nothing and mostly do it for my buget.

But especially being outside in places like Hawaii..having been there so much, but never enough LOL...I know..the new dream is to now see it all from the ocean view and like a review of all islands..is is a stunning place, it so blessed that Alaska and Hawaii are both the US to me..such different worlds of beauty and strategic safety.

Hawaii I think is our heart...it is absolutely amazing and wonderful and the US's heart..I could live there but for the economy and savings..a windfall..and it is Maui "No Ka oi" : Maui is the Best..with tons of visits to other islands. Kauai..is unbelievable in beauty..and all the underwater glory everywhere..and just the air there..ahhh thar hair on your Balcony!!

So happy for you..Bon voyage and Aloha; wonderful Aloha to you...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks everyone for helping with my decision. We took the deal and cannot wait to enjoy our aft facing cabin. Our overall price was still low for a 16 day balcony and appreciate that carnival called us as repeat customers. Apparently they needed to free up some sold out inside rooms. All ocean views sold out too. The rep said we could pick any balcony room and I noticed this extended aft view and needed your opinion. I know we will enjoy the fresh air and view and especially the Hawaiian Islands.

I think that you made a great decision. Enjoy your aft extended balcony!

soccer

I think it was a good deal. Everyone is saying $800, but cabin costs are always quoted pp, so while that is the total, it is $400 you're comparing to the base cost, not $800.

Looking at the available bookings, $400 seems to be the balcony premium for a 10-day Hawaii cruise, so to get it for that price for 16 days seems like a good deal.

Plus the weather will still be warm enough in Sept to enjoy the balcony every day. I think that would be a long time to be stuck in an inside cabin without any port days.