Carnival.com Room Hold/PVP

Hey Tina

If I place a hold on a room on Carnival.com while logged into my account and then call my PVP before the 24 hours is up (before the hold expires) will I be able to receive that same room or is the computer not going to allow me to release that hold any other way than going online?

If I place a hold on a room on Carnival.com while logged into my account and then call my PVP before the 24 hours is up (before the hold expires) will I be able to receive that same room or is the computer not going to allow me to release that hold any other way than going online?

Your PVP will be able to access your hold and book or cancel it--depending on your preference. When you place a hold on a cabin it generates a booking number and they can use that to get in. I've had luck with doing this during sale switchovers.

I've done it multiple times. I hate to call my PVP on weekends, but there have been times when I've wanted to grab a specific cabin. I always know exactly what cabin I want and what the price will be. Yes, I could easily do my own bookings online, but my PVP is such a nice guy that I like for him to get credit.

So I put a hold on a cabin and send him an email with the booking number. I usually get a call from him the next morning. With the booking number, he can access the res. He has to call me for the credit card deposit to confirm and finalize the booking.

It's all quite simple, really!

Yes, you can put a hold on a cabin online, then call your Pvp. A couple of weeks ago I did this. I was waiting for a check from my credit union - where I have my savings account- I was sure it would have come Monday morning. So I woke up around 4am and while I was up I thought I would check the price and cabin I wanted since there were only 2 cabins left where I wanted. Well, the price was the same, but one of the cabins was sold so I put a hold on the last cabin. I was sure I would call pvp when she came in at 11:00am and pay for the cruise. Well, my check did not come. So, I called pvp and told her what was going on. The hold would expire at 4amTuesday morning, but my pvp was able to extend it until noon Tuesday. This way, she could help me when she came in at 11am - as long as my check came. It came and she booked my cruise as soon as she came in. Those hold are kind of convenient. ;)

Your PVP will be able to access your hold and book or cancel it--depending on your preference. When you place a hold on a cabin it generates a booking number and they can use that to get in. I've had luck with doing this during sale switchovers.

Well she was able to access it with my booking number, but she recommended (and I accepted) a different cabin. Unfortunately she didn't cancel the hold (I figured out how to cancel it and add my current one to the Carnival suite) nor did she honor the 50% off deposits reflected on my hold.

Well she was able to access it with my booking number, but she recommended (and I accepted) a different cabin. Unfortunately she didn't cancel the hold (I figured out how to cancel it and add my current one to the Carnival suite) nor did she honor the 50% off deposits reflected on my hold.

Why didn't she honor the 50% deposit? Was the sale over at that point? But if you initiated the hold while the sale is on, wouldn't you still get the sale incentives? Or maybe not. Hmmmmm

Kim

Not sure I would have let her book it then if she wouldn't honor the special. I would have hung up and booked it myself.

Even if your PVP is a "nice guy" or whatever, if they can't honor something like that, there is no reason to use them. I used a PVP once and found nothing they did that enhanced my trip so I always do my own bookings now. I call the 800 number if I have a question and have always received courteous service from them.

Unless you need the help or get some advantage from using the PVP, doesn't seem to be worth using them.