Irons on board?

MikenAZ

My stateroom on the Dream had no iron and you cannot request an iron. They don't want any irons in the staterooms at all - nothing that heats.

However - there are some suites that have their own coffee makers.

You can, of course for a price, request something be ironed and returned to you by the crew.

At turndown service the first night, you will be left with a sheet detailing the price for ironing service for the first full day of sailing since you'll have everything unpacked by then.

All the best -

My stateroom on the Dream had no iron and you cannot request an iron. They don't want any irons in the staterooms at all - nothing that heats.

You can, of course for a price, request something be ironed and returned to you by the crew.

At turndown service the first night, you will be left with a sheet detailing the price for ironing service for the first full day of sailing since you'll have everything unpacked by then.

All the best -

So does that mean I cannot bring a travel iron in my suitcase?

All the best -

So does that mean I cannot bring a travel iron in my suitcase?

:cool:

On the dawn they had laundry rooms that have irons you could use for free....

why not buy that wrinkle release spray...

Does that really work? If so, I agree that would be way better and way easier. It's not like I am metrosexual or anything, but when I go out for dinner, I like my clothes to look decent (i.e. not wrinkled)

I packed my travel iron/steamer - didn't even get it out of the box. I have found the wrinkle release spray works well if you have a well ventilated area to hang the item to allow it to dry well. Two areas to hang - a small hook on the outside of the closet (against the wall) and in the shower area of the small bathroom - stays too moist in there with next to nothing for any ventilation. (It took 2 days for a wet area on a t-shirt to dry.) If you pack well and hang items when you first get onboard - you'll have no problems. Anything that is totally wrinkled and should look at its best for a formal evening - I would probably pay to have it "lightly" (specify) pressed and hope for the best.

Good advice ya'all. I will consider all of your suggestions. Getting the wrinkles out of women's clothing appears to be easier than trying to get the creases out of of a button up shirt that's been packed in my suitcase. I have a feeling it'll be a last minute decision for me. I may end up going with what I am used to (i.e. a travel iron). But thanks again.

I believe the Star, Dawn, and the new Dream will have irons and ironing boards available in their self serve laundries. On the other NCL ships there are no self serve laundries and if you need something ironed out they provide that service along with a laundry service. You can pack a travel steamer, but no irons. Are you packing your ironing board too? None of the cruise lines like irons, if they see it they will take it, because they don't want the fire hazards onboard.....

Please don't take your iron onboard. It's a fire hazard. A steamer is acceptable. Or try using the Downey spray, as others have suggested. Plus, there's always the ship's laundry/dry cleaning/pressing services. The Dawn definitely has self-service laundromats equipped with irons and ironing boards; the Star does not. And I do not believe the Dream does either.

Archived