Summit 6124

sunlovingirl

I haven't been able to find anyone who has stayed in this exact room. Does anyone have any thoughts on it? are there service doors near by... One recent Carnival cruise there was one right across from us, and I thought I was going to go crazy with all the noise!

How is the layout? is the balcony bigger? I saw a video for one CC class cabin and the bathroom was ridiculously big. I don't have my hopes up for that, lol

Also, what kinda perks are we actually going to get? I have heard everything from a butler to nothing at all.

One other question, looking at the cruise online now, the verandahs are more expensive than the concierge class. Any reason in particular for this??

Thanks!!

Beth

Welcome to Celebrity.

The Summit is an M-Class Ship... So to learn more about cabins you will want to check out the M-Class Cabins Sticky at the top of ths Forum. All M-Class Ships have the same footprint so Cabin Reports for 6124 will be similar no matter which ship (Constellation - Infinity - Millenium - Summit)

6124 is a Midship Sky Suite (S2)... Not a Concierge Class Cabin !!

Summit - Deck 6 = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-summit#Deck_Plans/ships/celebrity-summit/deck-plans

Summit - Staterooms = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-summit#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-summit/staterooms

Sky Suites on M-Class Ships are bigger than a standard cabin at 257 Sq Feet, with a 57 Sq Ft Balcony. It is a one room suite with an oversized bathroom with a tub & shower combo.

Sky Suite Layout & Features = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-summit#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-summit/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-sm-ss

Additionally coming in 2015 Suite Class Passengers will have their own Private Dining Room.

--- --- ---

As for pricing...

As I said 6124 is a Sky Suite not a Concierge Cabin.

Celebrity's pricing is competitive... And pricing fluctuations are normal over the course of time from release thru to sailing.

Prices are based on demand... As demand goes up or down in a category so will the prices respectively.

Not all that unusual for a lower category sometimes to be priced at more than a higher one... Depends what is hot / selling and what is not. Often happens with the top level Veranda Class cabins, Concierge Class and Aqua Class.

Personally, i Recently snagged a top level Aqua (A1) that was a lower price than the top level Concierge (C1)... And the Aqua comes with all that Concierge Class does & more

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I sailed the Summit this past August in Sky Suite 6121 and it was directly across from the service door which connected to the service stairs and (I assume) elevator. We definitely heard carts, staff talking and even banging from the carts in the hallway. I can't say if your experience will be same in your cabin as mine was truly directly across from the door; in fact, I'm guessing it won't be.

We had great service from the butler and perks included priority embarkation/debarkation, dining in Blu (according to space availability which wasn't a problem the one time we went) and assistance with reservations at restaurants for dinner. The balcony was fine for two, with two chairs and footrests and a table.

FWIW, we had a great cruise but it was the first one we've been on where hallway noise was even a little bit of an issue. We only sailed NCL in the past and only stayed in forward cabins so very little foot traffic. We do plan on sailing Celebrity again!

Thanks for writing back guys!!

This is the first time I've ever booked using a travel agent, and I just sort of showed him where I wanted to be and that I wanted a balcony for us (our 2nd anniversary cruise). I guess I didn't know what kind of room we had after all!

I will have to check out that sticky up top. Also thanks for the information about the cabin close by. I feel like Celebrity is a whole knew ballgame for me :)