More fabulous photos from my Carnival Spirit cruise!

MrCruising68

After a great response from my first lot of photos from my recent Carnival Spirit cruise, here are some more I thought you'd like to see...

DSC_0888.jpg

Carnival Spirit moored at Lifou, New Caledonia

DSC_0253.jpg

Nouveau Restaurant (mezzanine is part of the restaurant also)

DSC_0319.jpg

Entertainment in the Empire Restaurant (main dining room). Every night between the main course and dessert, there is a brief interlude such as this. Good fun!

DSC_0172.jpg

Private 'hideaways' in the adults only area of Serenity. That's the stern of the ship, so you get amazing views of where we're been.

DSC_0640.jpg

Dance the night away in Dancin' Dance Club (aka the disco)

DSC_0750.jpg

Watching the sunset from Serenity.

I hope you enjoyed my photos. There are more fabulous pics like these, plus tons of info about Carnival Spirit in the review/overview I wrote - http://cometravellingwithus.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/carnival-spirit-cruise-august-2014.html

Bon Voyage!

Edited by MrCruising68

Thanks so much for the pictures!

I went to Australia for 2 weeks in 2013. On the second day there, the Carnival Spirit was docked, and I could feel the happy vibes radiating in the Circular Quay. When I go home, I researched the itinerary, and I added the cruise to my bucket list. I'd love to go someday. So thank you so much for sharing your pictures. They are incredible.

Thanks so much for the pictures!

I went to Australia for 2 weeks in 2013. On the second day there, the Carnival Spirit was docked, and I could feel the happy vibes radiating in the Circular Quay. When I go home, I researched the itinerary, and I added the cruise to my bucket list. I'd love to go someday. So thank you so much for sharing your pictures. They are incredible.

Thanks for your kind words about my photos, MrBanana1240! I'm a photographer by trade, so it's great to be able to use this skill to show off the ships on which I cruise.

Australia will always be here but make sure you do come and visit. I might be biased but it is a pretty fabulous place, and if you can fit in a Carnival Spirit cruise, even better!

Thank you for posting the great pics. My wife & I are cruising on the Spirit in October. Can't Wait. :)

Hi sleeptalker,

Thanks for your comment and I'm sure you'll have a great time on Carnival Spirit. Did you have a look at the blog link at the end of the photos which is a highly indepth overview of the ship with tons of info and many more lovely photos (if I don't mind saying so myself).

Have a wonderful cruise!

Ciao

Great review with good info for 'new to Spirit' cruisers. Really enjoyed the photos.

Re the safe on board. You can leave your credit card in the safe and use an expired gift card, an old Sail and Sign card, an expired credit card, etc.

We accidently used our S&S card once and had to have Security come to the room to open the safe and had to go to Guest Services to get new cards. We no longer leave our current S&S cards close to the safe. :D

Great review with good info for 'new to Spirit' cruisers. Really enjoyed the photos.

Re the safe on board. You can leave your credit card in the safe and use an expired gift card, an old Sail and Sign card, an expired credit card, etc.

We accidently used our S&S card once and had to have Security come to the room to open the safe and had to go to Guest Services to get new cards. We no longer leave our current S&S cards close to the safe. :D

Hi tandemcruzr, and thanks for your nice words about my photos - I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Yes, the safe...it's good to know that you can do all those things you mention and I'll do that the next time I cruise (in case I come across a similar safe) but when you encounter it for the first time, it's all a bit odd. I used my S&S card for the first few days until I found a notice saying that you shouldn't - thankfully I had no issues doing this.

Ciao for now...

Wonderful pictures! We never sailed Spirit but she looks amazing!! We want to see Australia one day, maybe we will do a cruise while there!

Hi pirate4me2 - I'm glad you liked my photos, as I love photographing the ships on which I cruise.

I'm biased but Australia is pretty darn good, so you should come on down for a visit. Maybe you can find a cruise that goes all the way around Australia, so you get to see a bit of the north, south, east and west. They're all very different.

Happy cruising!

I went to the blog and looked at the rest of the pictures...fabulous! I was surprised to see charges for room service, was this just because it's Australia?

Hi mickide, glad you liked my photos. Thanks!

I'm not sure why there is a room service charge - from what you said, this means Carnival have no fee for room service in other parts of the world (US?). Interesting...

Ciao for now and happy cruising!

Thanks for sharing your pictures! The Spirit was our first cruise in January 2011. Would love to see her again in Australia.

Hi Shipcats6, I see you're from California...if you jump on a plane, it's a straight line to Australia and you can be here in half a day! What more reason do you need?! :)

By the sounds of things, you enjoyed your (first) cruise on Carnival Spirit. It would have been a fun cruise first up. Where did you go and have you had any/many cruises since then?

Ciao for now...

Thanks, we miss the Spirit here!

Hi jimbo5544...if you miss the Spirit there, then you need to come here! We're only a 'few' hours on a plane :)

And, while you're here, you can have a leisurely cruise to help get over those 'few' hours on the plane :)

Amazing photos and review! Thank you for sharing them.

Hi kennyc01, thanks for your kind words. I love being able to take photos of my cruises (I am a photographer) and share my experiences with other cruisers, new and not-so-new.

See you out there on the high seas!

Hi mickide, glad you liked my photos. Thanks!

I'm not sure why there is a room service charge - from what you said, this means Carnival have no fee for room service in other parts of the world (US?). Interesting...

Ciao for now and happy cruising!

I've never had room service charges on any of my Carnival cruises, but the menu is very limited compared to the one you posted. Thanks again for the great pictures!

Hi jimbo5544...if you miss the Spirit there, then you need to come here! We're only a 'few' hours on a plane :)

And, while you're here, you can have a leisurely cruise to help get over those 'few' hours on the plane :)

Good idea! It certainly is on our bucket list (both visiting your great country and cruising it). Now if you have a plan to convince my better half to do it sooner rather than later.......

Absolutely the best review and photos I have seen on Cruise Critic :)

A question though, what about Theme Nights - I thought there were meant to be two??

We are on her in October, so looking forward to it.

Hi MalNZ, high praise indeed! Many thanks for your kind words.

I love being able to share my cruising experiences with others and am lucky that I am a photographer by profession and an accomplished writer, both of which assist in telling the story of my cruise 'adventures'.

As for the theme nights, there were indeed two - Mexican and Caribbean - so pack accordingly! (thanks for reminding me about this and I have added a line to the blog post).

Happy cruising and see you out on the high seas sometime in the future!

Ciao!

• 3 months later...
I know I'm late, but just wanted to say THANK YOU for this wonderful review :)

Hi nickykat,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch and let me know how much you enjoyed my review. The whole reason I do my blog is to share my cruising experiences with others, so I'm glad you liked it.

Ciao,

Giulio

:)