Luminosa

jcerst

In the Mediterranean, Costa boards passengers at various ports, so restaurant service times are normal, til about 1330.

Having said that, if I recall correctly, last time I boarded in Savona was around 1300, so making lunch in the restaurant would have been tight. I had a late breakfast at the hotel and coffee in the coffee shop (as cruise terminals go, Savona is quite nice), so I wasn't hungry at all. Can't help you more than that.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Haven't stayed at the NH myself. Savona I find to be a pleasant town, nice start to a vacation, Genoa is only a half-hour by train (I go over at least three days early, for jet lag).

Without knowing what cruises you've been on, can't tell you what differences to expect, other than to say it is MUCH different from some I've seen. On the topic of food, I find it perfectly acceptable, not nearly as bad as some reviewers have claimed.

Will be posting a review and will let you know our thoughts:)

Went back and forth for three months before booking this cruise line, we only had one other option for December t/a and that was Princes out of Rome.

Joe

Thanks Joe...

I am excited about this 30 days cruise ..... Booked my AI today at about 58 Canadian $ a day for the two of us ..... I think a good value I think...... It just looks bad when u see over 1700 bucks together spent on alcohol...... But the off set of that is the worry free with Mimosas for breakfast before leaving for the ports and night caps without worrying about the bill.

I will start a thread and see what people think ;)

AJ

Will be posting a review and will let you know our thoughts:)

Went back and forth for three months before booking this cruise line, we only had one other option for December t/a and that was Princes out of Rome.

Joe

Thanks Joe...

I am excited about this 30 days cruise ..... Booked my AI today at about 58 Canadian $ a day for the two of us ..... I think a good value I think...... It just looks bad when u see over 1700 bucks together spent on alcohol...... But the off set of that is the worry free with Mimosas for breakfast before leaving for the ports and night caps without worrying about the bill.

AJ

Well worth it. We always get the AI on Costa, really makes the cruise! We are on the TA next spring, but on the Fortuna out of Guadalupe.

As I recall, ship's currency was still Euros until they reached Miami. Also, since the ship was supplied in Savona, still had much the feel of a Mediterranean cruise. The opposite, of course coming the other way.

Ships currency is in Euros unless sailing out of Miami. Then US dollars.

BUT CC charges go thru Savona, so use a CC with no foreign transaction fee.

We bought the aI, what a bargain!

Do not believe it only includes draft beer and water by the glass:eek:

How do you take water to the gym:(

Joe

Take your own bottle and fill it with water from the bar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just received e-mail from Costa about cruise ticket/luggage tags, when I looked over the information there was no mention of the all inclusive beverage package just the water package and gifts for the cabin. Logged into "My Costa" and it shows all inclusive package.

Is this normal or did they miss this?

Joe:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Joe...

AJ

Yes do start a thread we Joining the ship on 27th out of Miami for 17 nights leaving in Malaga