Under Water Windows to the Wonder of the Barrier Reef... Rendezvous Caye?

Matt&Carolyn

Hi! Our family is considering this excursion for our upcoming cruise. We have 2 adults and our 7 and 5 year olds with us. Do you think this would be a fun experience? Our kids love the beach & ocean and I was thinking this would be a fun way to see some of the ocean without going as far snorkeling (we will probably try more snorkeling on our other excursions but they may not go far out).

Any opinions are appreciated. :)

I took my 9 year old on this excursion last year and we enjoyed it. It's a lengthy boat ride to the reef, but the underwater viewing is worth it. You also get some time to relax on the small island. Do bring water shoes as the beach is not smooth sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hope you had a great trip!! Any tips to offer??:)

We did have a wonderful trip, but unfortunately I can't give you any tips on this excursion because we weren't able to take it. :( We got a notification 2 days before that our excursion was cancelled "due to operational reasons" or something similar to that. We ended up going with what they suggested to us instead, Starfish Island Getaway. I don't remember that even being an option ahead of time, but it was listed in our Shore Excursion book and on our TV. While I'm bummed we missed out on the semi-submersible boat part, Starfish Island ended up being a lot of fun and we were glad to have more island time than we would have had initially. Of course if we end up going to Belize again, I'd love to try to book it again. :) If you have any questions on the Starfish Island part, just let me know :)

We did have a wonderful trip, but unfortunately I can't give you any tips on this excursion because we weren't able to take it. :( We got a notification 2 days before that our excursion was cancelled "due to operational reasons" or something similar to that. We ended up going with what they suggested to us instead, Starfish Island Getaway. I don't remember that even being an option ahead of time, but it was listed in our Shore Excursion book and on our TV. While I'm bummed we missed out on the semi-submersible boat part, Starfish Island ended up being a lot of fun and we were glad to have more island time than we would have had initially. Of course if we end up going to Belize again, I'd love to try to book it again. :) If you have any questions on the Starfish Island part, just let me know :)

Can you tell me what this excursion entailed? My 76 year old father and I are going in Dec. and I am trying to find something for us to do in Belize. He has just had a hip replacement and though he is walking great hiking through the woods or caves is going to be too much.

Can you tell me what this excursion entailed? My 76 year old father and I are going in Dec. and I am trying to find something for us to do in Belize. He has just had a hip replacement and though he is walking great hiking through the woods or caves is going to be too much.

Starfish Island was a lot of fun!! It was just a small little island, maybe a 15 minute boat ride from our ship? There were a LOT of starfish in the grasses around one area of the island, near a playground and a dock you could walk out to see more fish and starfish. There were kayaks to rent - we did and paddled around mangrove trees with cool looking birds in them. The beach itself was beautiful! I was very thankful, though, that our kids had their water shoes on as there was probably a 4-5 foot section of shells to walk through before getting to the sandy bottom of the ocean. We didn't have our water shoes so we walked slowly out with just minor pain ;) but I'd wear them next time. :) My kids absolutely LOVED collecting all the shells, and we brought back enough for each of their classmates. They did include lunch (it was rice & beans, chicken, & potato salad) and I think they had a bar (with an Elvis impersonator for part of our stay, ha!). Restrooms were fine, and there was a small gift shop.

I hope that helps :)

Thanks for your feedback..Yea, I don't see it as an option for us either.. Was it comparable in price??

Glad you had a great trip! Welcome Back!! :)

Starfish Island was a lot of fun!! It was just a small little island, maybe a 15 minute boat ride from our ship? There were a LOT of starfish in the grasses around one area of the island, near a playground and a dock you could walk out to see more fish and starfish. There were kayaks to rent - we did and paddled around mangrove trees with cool looking birds in them. The beach itself was beautiful! I was very thankful, though, that our kids had their water shoes on as there was probably a 4-5 foot section of shells to walk through before getting to the sandy bottom of the ocean. We didn't have our water shoes so we walked slowly out with just minor pain ;) but I'd wear them next time. :) My kids absolutely LOVED collecting all the shells, and we brought back enough for each of their classmates. They did include lunch (it was rice & beans, chicken, & potato salad) and I think they had a bar (with an Elvis impersonator for part of our stay, ha!). Restrooms were fine, and there was a small gift shop.

So the excursion leaves from the cruise ship if I understand correctly. How long would you say you were on the island?

Thanks for your feedback..Yea, I don't see it as an option for us either.. Was it comparable in price??

Glad you had a great trip! Welcome Back!! :)

Yes, it was about the same price, maybe a little bit cheaper? If I still have the shore excursion papers I can find it. :)

So the excursion leaves from the cruise ship if I understand correctly. How long would you say you were on the island?

Yes, it did leave from the ship, and I thought we would just head back to the ship when we were done but our boat actually went to the port (we were fine with that and did some shopping :) ). I think we were there about 4 hours?

Hello, my husband and I will be sailing shortly, 12/14/14, and wanted to take this tour but says that we have to take a catamaran to the submersible. Has anyone done this? What size is the catamaran? Please post pictures if available. Thanks.ams

My husband and I are interested in this too. How many people were on the tour? Is it all dif. Ages? Did you get enough viewing time at the reef? Thanks. One more, are there shells to collect at Paradise?

We were split into 2 groups for the viewing. Each group got a half hour of viewing, while the rest stayed on the deck. I've attached a pic I took with my iPhone (obviously it's a bit more colorful seeing it in person). I wouldn't say the coral was very vivid, but the fish were pretty and it was just cool to see the natural underwater environment if you have never done it before.

746464101_iPhone680.jpg.c8266030e0733c82a60c83db412264f3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for info on this excursion. Celebrity has no info on its site just a name and amount. Was the water clear?