Suite Questions

Selbourne

We found the noise was just as bad in either. Wierdly, the buffet and Beach House were a haven of calm.

That's cos no one goes in there. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's interesting Selborne that you think P&O Brits are quieter and more civilised than those on American ships. We sailed on Ruby Princess in 2013 which was mostly Americans but also many other Nationalities. The atmosphere was far more classy and civilised that the Brit-filled Ventura was on either of my trips this year. Our dining on Ruby was a lovely experience - on Ventura, the mdrs are as noisy as school canteens. You go to any foreign hotel - who are the noisiest guests?

That's a fair point. We do find that certain southern European and Asian nationalities have a natural talking style that sounds like shouting and Americans always want to engage in conversation ("where are you guys from" etc) which we find tiring after a while.

It is, however, fair to say that the dumbing down of cruising over the 20 years that we have been doing it has brought out the noisy Brits as well. On our last cruise (Ventura), there was a very large family in the MDR who were of the 'very loud / look at us' type. They also had very young children (all under 5) with them, even though it was 2nd sitting and it was clearly far too late for the children as they were scratchy and tired throughout. It also didn't help that we had table companions who were extremely hard work to engage in conversation and in fact this has been a problem on the last few cruises, unlike the earlier cruises where we thoroughly enjoyed our dining companions company each evening.

We are trying Freedom dining this year in the hope that we will get the odd bad experience rather than every night, but if it turns out to be Butlins at sea we at least have the space of our Suite to retreat to and the exclusivity of the fine dining restaurant for Breakfast!

• 2 years later...

Is there a separate breakfast area for full suite passengers on Oceana?

Only D deck suites are available for the Oceana cruise I'm interested in.

On the deck plan the D suites and balconies look smaller than those on B and C decks, and there appears to be an overhang on the balcony. Am I being too picky?

Finally, is noise from Starlights underneath a problem with these D suites?

Is there a separate breakfast area for full suite passengers on Oceana?

Only D deck suites are available for the Oceana cruise I'm interested in.

On the deck plan the D suites and balconies look smaller than those on B and C decks, and there appears to be an overhang on the balcony. Am I being too picky?

Finally, is noise from Starlights underneath a problem with these D suites?

Yes there is a separate breakfast area. It is a small part of the MDR.

I think the D deck balconies are a little smaller

No idea about the noise from below as we have only been in C deck but are never in the cabin when Starlights is putting shows on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app