Are our Cabins secure !!!

stephenp

[quote name='stephenp']They never said a word to us either, I only saw it as I wanted to print the docs.

Why pull the best cabins and annoy the Clients!![/quote]
Pulling the cabins out of inventory early would not be so bad. To pull them out so late would be far more irritating if it were me.

[quote name='travelagentlucy']I will do just that. My OH will have the guts to go & knock on the door! After bring lied to by the after sales team I can't trust anything they say now. So rediculous pulling the best boardwalk cabins on the ship...probably been reserved for aquatheatre staff!![/quote]
I cannot imagine the aquatheater staff being in those cabins. Perhaps the last thing they'd want to hear and see in their spare time is the aquatheater.
I can imagine the cruise line might start renovations on selected spaces prior to the dry dock. If that is the issue, I'd want to be away from the potential dsiruption of those renovations. I'd try asking for an upgrade to an OV balcony surrounded by other cabins,

[quote name='Starry Eyes']Pulling the cabins out of inventory early would not be so bad. To pull them out so late would be far more irritating if it were me.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is the most annoying thing. Also it has left a bad taste as it seems this cruise, although full if full paying passengers, is just a filler cruise that will be used as an early opportunity to start work on soft refurbishments..expect lacklustre 'end of season' service and certain areas to be closed off over time

[quote name='travelagentlucy']Yes that is the most annoying thing. Also it has left a bad taste as it seems this cruise, although full if full paying passengers, is just a filler cruise that will be used as an early opportunity to start work on soft refurbishments..expect lacklustre 'end of season' service and certain areas to be closed off over time[/quote]
That is an oft discussed risk for cruises before and after dry docks. Reports vary.

We've been on sailings before and after dry docks and have not been negatively impacted fortunately. In fact, service on those cruises was remarkably good. Staff pre dry dock, I suspect, really wanted to earn tips and strong reviews. Post dry dock staff seemed energetic and happy. I hope you experience the same.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']That is an oft discussed risk for cruises before and after dry docks. Reports vary.

We've been on sailings before and after dry docks and have not been negatively impacted fortunately. In fact, service on those cruises was remarkably good. Staff pre dry dock, I suspect, really wanted to earn tips and strong reviews. Post dry dock staff seemed energetic and happy. I hope you experience the same.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for putting my mind at rest. I think I have been looking forward to this cruise so much and waited so long that I don't want anything to be below expectations.

[quote name='Seatravelers']We have heard , FWIW, that the 'Secret' balconies are being converted into cabins?!?! So, this makes sense. Not all changes will be completed during dry dock.....[/quote]

Say it ain't so...I have read of two people on our sailing westbound TA with those coveted last aft boardwalk balcony cabins have been moved due to 'construction' When I read and heard that first thought was RCI is making those into suites for revenue.

Oh Oh cause I have one booked for Feb Will be checking that out first thing when I get on Oasis Oct 14