Are our Cabins secure !!!

stephenp

Sailing on the Oasis on the 23rd September.

I booked cabin 12329 for my 79 old mother ( Diamond ) who is travelling with us.

Today I saw that RCCL have changed the cabin without saying a word and now she is further down deck in a cabin with a connecting door.

Is this RCCL`S new way to ruin our Cruises ?

I always thought booked is booked. Not any more !!!!

waiting for RCCL answer !!!!

I booked cabin 12329 for my 79 old mother ( Diamond ) who is travelling with us.

Today I saw that RCCL have changed the cabin without saying a word and now she is further down deck in a cabin with a connecting door.

Please let us know what they tell you.

I am sure they will put you back together:) But anyone can get bumped from a cabin as long as the new cabin is equal to or greater than the one moved from except when they bump somebody fully able from a disabled cabin then the cabin will be smaller but the same category.

Its written somewhere in T&C,s.

I am sure they will put you back together:) But anyone can get bumped from a cabin as long as the new cabin is equal to or greater than the one moved from except when they bump somebody fully able from a disabled cabin then the cabin will be smaller but the same category.

I saw you signature and want to CONGRATULATE you on your stopping smoking. Having lost my father to emphysema when I was 21 and he was only 57 I have to say how proud I am of you. Even if we are strangers.

Your title is are the cabins secure, but that's not what is in your post. I "guess" you meant how secure are our cabin reservations, not how secure are they. Does she have to be close to your cabin? How close to your cabin was your mother? You didn't put that in, just what cabin you had her in. I would guess her profile probably allows her to be moved without asking her. Have her log in and check her account. We keep ours set so they won't move us because we always select the cabin we want.

Edited by BND

Was she in the cabin right next to you? Did you book direct? If so I would be calling them now. I am not sure what you meant by waiting for RCL answer. Is the cabin they moved her to in the same category that she was originally in? Good luck

If you are asking if it is secure because of the connecting door, yes it is secure. The door will remain locked

Edited by molly361

1. A connecting door isn't anything to worry about. Unless the parties in both cabins request that the cabin steward unlock both doors, the door will remain closed and locked. No one from next door will be able to access your mother's cabin.

2. A different cabin is going to RUIN your cruise? How so? Will you no longer enjoy the meals, shows, sea views, ports and other features of the cruise? Take a deep breath, relax, and call Royal or your TA and ask what happened, before you go getting all worked up and assuming your cruise will be "ruined."

This type of problem is the reason I book through a TA! I let them figure out what's going on and get it straightened out. Causes me much less stress!

I know this is not a "smoking" thread but I too must congratulate you on your big accomplishment. WOW!!!!!!!

Smoke Free Keep up the great work.

I too quit May 20, 2011.

Never looked back

Never cheated and quit cold turkey after about 25 years of smoking.

Be Proud and enjoy all the extra the time you have found......

Also

What a bummer to the OP for this happening, I am sure it will be resolved, they change things all the time on cruises.

And alls it takes is a good phone call to the right person to get it fixed.

Good Luck

Sea Ya

I think she was concerned about being moved from a non-connecting cabin to one that is connected. I wouldn't be happy about being moved to a connecting only because you can sometimes hear your neighbors a bit more. Non- connecting is more desirable.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I'd be more than a little upset with being switched. 12329 is highly sought after for its location at the very aft of the ship with awesome views of the ocean and directly above the aqua theater. Not to mention the public deck just outside your cabin door.

1. A connecting door isn't anything to worry about. Unless the parties in both cabins request that the cabin steward unlock both doors, the door will remain closed and locked. No one from next door will be able to access your mother's cabin.

2. A different cabin is going to RUIN your cruise? How so? Will you no longer enjoy the meals, shows, sea views, ports and other features of the cruise? Take a deep breath, relax, and call Royal or your TA and ask what happened, before you go getting all worked up and assuming your cruise will be "ruined."

If I booked my 79 year old mom in a cabin close to me and they moved her farther away from my cabin I would be very upset too.

Maybe their Mom needs to be close for reasons we don't know about, ie:health issues.

Bill

We had that cabin and it is nice (good shade if you want that) but there could be several reasons for the move. Although it seemed in fine shape when we were in it, there could be some work that needs to be done before dry dock that they might have wanted to start early on.

More than likely, as the cruise looks fully booked and as others have suggested, and I'd imagine that there are a larger number of non-diamond level members, it could be that your mother was upgraded to a suite to make room for guarantee bookings that only required a lower category. The OP could post that number or cabin category to answer that question. However, with few cabins left, I doubt that switching to get a closer cabin now would be that easy.

However, if there is some reason you need to assist your mother, and that was the reason for booking a cabin nearby, you can try sending an email to the special needs department at special_needs@rccl.com and perhaps they could do something. There is a crown loft suite available - perhaps you could suggest that you could room together in a large-enough suite if needed!

If I booked my 79 year old mom in a cabin close to me and they moved her farther away from my cabin I would be very upset too.

Maybe their Mom needs to be close for reasons we don't know about, ie:health issues.

Yes, exactly- we don't know. All the OP said was she was moved "further down deck." That doesn't really say if she was moved to a different deck or down the hallway. If down the hallway, was it 2 cabins away or 50 cabins away? We also don't even know if mom actually needs help or not. Everyone seems to simply be assuming that. All of this is why I said to call the cruise line or TA and ask...no point getting ticked off unless or until you know what happened. As someone suggested, perhaps it was an upgrade that simply needs to be declined.

I would call RCCL and raise hell! Times like this you need a great TA.

Raising hell right off the bat seldom gets you what you want. You will generally get far better results if you stay calm and politely inquire/explain.

I would call RCCL and raise hell! Times like this you need a great TA.

Please let us know the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Off hand, it might be better to find out why she was moved before raising he!!. If mother has automatic upgrade checked in her profile, and got an automatic upgrade, raising he!! Would be inappropriate. T he OP has not given us enough info to understand what happened. Nor do we know if his cabin was close to mom's or far away. nor do we know if Op has a TA or not. Sonce he said he was waiting to hear back from the cruiseline, he might well have called his TA who then had to call the cruiseline and then call him.

Call the cruise line.

That's what I always say...

Best advice. It never ceases to amaze me how members here go into attack mode or defense mode based on so little information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw you signature and want to CONGRATULATE you on your stopping smoking. Having lost my father to emphysema when I was 21 and he was only 57 I have to say how proud I am of you. Even if we are strangers.

Ditto congrats on Stop Smoking...:D

Was the accepts upgrades box checked? That might be one way she was moved down the hall.

Thanks so much for this hint btw. I'm very excited about where our cabin wound up being for our Oct cruise, so I changed our upgrade preferences to "do not upgrade" on both my and my DH's C&A accounts. No guarantees we won't be moved but at least I've closed off this avenue. Thanks for the reminding me about the profile options.