Norwegian Getaway vs Royal Caribbean Oasis or Allure

ivanrocko

We are planning 2015 Cruise Vacation on the Oasis, Allure or Norwegian Getaway. Any suggestions? Which cruise do you recommend, and Why?

If I may suggest you would probably get better and more useful suggestions if you gave some information about who is sailing and what your preferences are for stuff like entertainment, dining, relaxation, etc.

Just a thought. :)

Are you traveling alone? What is your age range and activity level? Are you traveling with chidren-what ages?

IMHO, the answers would make a difference. We are booked on the Getaway, so haven't done it yet. But, we've done the Epic 3 times. The new NCL ships are similar to the Epic but offer even more. We actually did the Epic and Allure back to back 2 months ago.

We and our DD9 preferred the Epic. She was just not the best age.(Don't flame me and site ALL the activities to do on the Allure) - this is just my opinion. She was too old that the character parades and carousel and splash areas didn't really interest her. She was too small for the flowrider and ziplining. We have a rock wall and ice skating very near home. While the Allure is an amazing ship "to see" - we just didn't find much to actually "do".

We all love the waterslides on NCL. We also like O'Sheehan's 24 hour menu dining - never an off time that you can't find something good to eat. Let me be clear - I would do either ship again in a hearbeat, but last year the Epic one the duel.

We are doing the Oasis and Getaway back to back at Thanksgiving - who knows which will be our favorite???

We were on the august 16 to 23 voyage on the Getaway . We all preferred our prior year trip on the oasis.

The solarium area In oasis was beautiful and you didn't have to pay extra as in Haven or Vibe. We did a haven cabin on the trip and if we didn't we would have hated the ship... Too crowded and only one pool

It felt that there were more complimentary food options on the oasis. Mdr, park cafe, solarium cafe was just so much more convenient

It seemed there were more things to do on the oasis. More entertainment more active things that went later . To my teen (now 17) the teen program on the oasis was much better than norwegian !

Staff at Norwegian were awesome though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What cruise is better for a family vacation?

Better food, shows, kids camp, swimming pools, entertainment, included in price?

We had been on Disney Dream, and we know that Disney Cruises are the best for kids, and the Disney Fantasy is a great option, but we already got Disney Parks annual passes, and we want to do a vacation not disney related for now, plus Disney Cruises are expensive, like double or triple price than other cruise lines.

We know that Royal Caribbean - Freedom Class is great !!!

But we want to try the Oasis Class or Norwegian Getaway...........

Help us to choose our next family vacation, Thanks ;)

I've been on Allure and Epic with 2 kids under age 8. I'm on getaway in a month. My opinion is that Allure is not that kid friendly. Lots of walking to get different food ( kids don't like park cafe so run to grill for them then cafe for us). Kids club was ok but my kids liked Epic better - royal was kind of babyish. The zip line surfers etc all for bigger kids. Food is comparable on both ships I believe and I went to specialty restaurants on both. Where NCL wins for my boys is waterslides. The splash area on allure was cold and crowded. There were many pools ( unlike getaway). So tons of room but no one could agree on which pool to stay at. Very annoying when kids want splash zone and you want to lie in a non crowded sunny area. Had a great time on Allure because we went with friends but would not go back. That's why we are trying getaway next.

What cruise is better for a family vacation?

Better food, shows, kids camp, swimming pools, entertainment, included in price?

We had been on Disney Dream, and we know that Disney Cruises are the best for kids, and the Disney Fantasy is a great option, but we already got Disney Parks annual passes, and we want to do a vacation not disney related for now, plus Disney Cruises are expensive, like double or triple price than other cruise lines.

We know that Royal Caribbean - Freedom Class is great !!!

But we want to try the Oasis Class or Norwegian Getaway...........

Help us to choose our next family vacation, Thanks ;)

I'm not at all sure why you are convinced that Disney is the "Best" for kids. We are mid 40's. We have a 25 year old and a 10 year old, andhave been cruising with kids for 24 years. We have done 45+ cruises on all major cruise lines. While we have done Disney - those cruises aren't close to the top of our list. We are booked on the Getaway in two months. I have a feeling it may become our new favorite. For now, the Epic holds that spot(3 cruises on her). Close behind are the Breeze, Sunshine, Liberty of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Allure, and Dream.

We can do a back to back vacation on 2 cruises for the price of one week on Disney. Even if Disney were a comparable price, I don't think we'd choose a Disney ship over our other favorites.

HI all!

Here's the link to a thorough Getaway review I just read whose writer has also been on Allure.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2095556

I'm a senior, usually travelling solo who's been on RCL Freedom (x2), Oasis & Allure plus NCL Epic (3x), Breakaway & Getaway, sometimes BTB one line to the other & I've been most impressed with the NCL experience.

I've recently done Carnival Dream & Breeze (x 2) & yearn for another Carnival cruise after my recent HAL one;). Never ran into any noisy, drunken partiers on any line, TG.

Getaway is just beautiful & has lots going on. It's only one of 3 ships that I know of with fireworks, has great entertainment, the food was really amazingly good even in the MDR. It's the only ship I've ever seen with loungers in the pool, how cool! If it went to different ports I would probably do it again as I am with Epic.

I have also done Disney Wonder & wasn't impressed especially with the food.

You're sure to have a great time whichever cruise you decide on.

~ Jo ~ :)

I'm not at all sure why you are convinced that Disney is the "Best" for kids. We are mid 40's. We have a 25 year old and a 10 year old, andhave been cruising with kids for 24 years. We have done 45+ cruises on all major cruise lines. While we have done Disney - those cruises aren't close to the top of our list. We are booked on the Getaway in two months. I have a feeling it may become our new favorite. For now, the Epic holds that spot(3 cruises on her). Close behind are the Breeze, Sunshine, Liberty of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Allure, and Dream.

We can do a back to back vacation on 2 cruises for the price of one week on Disney. Even if Disney were a comparable price, I don't think we'd choose a Disney ship over our other favorites.

Yes, I know Disney is more expensive, double or triple, I only recommend Dream or Fantasy for family with elementary school kids, because they offer the best for that age group.

For family with older kids, I recommend Royal Caribbean - Freedom Class. We didn't go on Oasis class yet, but planning to go soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums