Grand Cayman snorkeling/transportation

hgorski

We will be coming to grand Cayman end of September. I will be bringing my own snorkel equipment with me on the ship. Where is the best place to snorkel? I've heard by the cemetery, but haven't been here before. Looking for somewhere not far off shore, with lots of coral and/or marine life. I hear there is a bus that has cheap transportation. Is this the best way to travel or is a taxi better? Are the buses reliable/safe, and how far from ship to pick it up? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Best place to snorkel (within reason) is just south of the tender piers. Eden Rock or about a mile farther south to Sunset House. Both have snorkeling right at the shorleline and if you swim out about 100 yrds or so it's really great!! You don't need transportation. When you get off the tender, take a right and walk along the shore. You can stop at Paradise Grill (where you can leave your stuff, eat and drink, shower etc), head to Eden Rock dive center (where you can leave your stuff, shower, rent) or keep heading south to the dive resort "Sunset House" and they have a fantastic patio with food, drinks, a pool, shower, rentals, a "natural pool" to get acclimated to the ocean before you swim out, etc.