Rental Car Deals - QUICK

Godiva5

We're sailing on the Dream on Dec. 1st. after flying into MCO the day before and, staying at Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach.

Since Mom is flying in separately from CA, I thought it would be better to do a one-way car rental and double back to the airport to pick her up later in the day/evening. I don't like waiting til the last minute to finalize plans, ESPECIALLY since, none of our party has been on a Disney cruise before. :eek: We have a total party of 10 but, we are flying in from several states and, at different times. Some may opt to reserve a private shuttle ride to the hotel but, I really don't want my elderly Mom to be bothered with that when she arrives at night.

I figure, since we'll have a rental car, we can also do a stop-drop-n-roll at a store for snacks and beverages to bring on-board and, importantly, drop Mom curbside at the port.

Any solid suggestions for rental car deals or valid coupons? Helpful tips for getting around the area, what stores or restaurants are good? I want to reserve ASAP. Thanks for your input.

No suggestions about rental deals but just wanted to mention that the Hertz office is basically right in the Residence Inn parking lot so I'd look at them first.

As far as stores go, just drive further down A1A and you'll find a Publix on the right hand side (perhaps a couple of miles) which will have pretty much anything you want at a good price.

Restaurants? Consider one of three along the ship channel at the port; Fish Lips, Rusty's and I'm drawing a blank on the other one. Basically they are close to each other.

Used Budget for the 5th trip a couple weeks ago and the day of our departure was a fiasco at Budget - not just us but for many angry people inside and outside of their office.

For dropping off or picking up? I've never had an issue with them dropping off and shuttling to the ship. I know if you aren't early off the ship, you will have to wait for a car to be dropped off, because they don't have enough cars.

For dropping off or picking up? I've never had an issue with them dropping off and shuttling to the ship. I know if you aren't early off the ship, you will have to wait for a car to be dropped off, because they don't have enough cars.

Dropping car off before going to ship.